poll

The place to start if you are new!
User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13989
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: poll

Post by Nesikep » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:18 pm

seat belt fix is easy, snip a wire!
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2696
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: poll

Post by Bestoutwest » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:44 pm

I want one that self cleans the dirt off the running boards. I'd prefer that the most.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: poll

Post by TCRanch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:58 pm

So I'm seriously the only one that would totally go for a built in mini fridge? As opposed to lugging around a cooler all the time? Sign me up!

BTW my husband simply latches the seat belt, shoves it under the seat & he's good to go.

User avatar
Silver
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1324
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC Peace River country
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: poll

Post by Silver » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:51 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:I repaired my tail gate issues with a flatbed...


That's on my wish list.

ez14.
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1312
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: west MI
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: poll

Post by ez14. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm

TCRanch wrote:So I'm seriously the only one that would totally go for a built in mini fridge? As opposed to lugging around a cooler all the time? Sign me up!

BTW my husband simply latches the seat belt, shoves it under the seat & he's good to go.

I'll take a mini fridge and a microwave!

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:47 am
Location: KY
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: poll

Post by ddd75 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 am

i'm not sure about trucks but i know some cars have mini fridge in the console and massaging seats.

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: poll

Post by ALACOWMAN » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 am

Silver wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:I repaired my tail gate issues with a flatbed...


That's on my wish list.
actually, it wasn't mine at first..up until I took out the beside with my tractor.. It was Decision time :cowboy:
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
bird dog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Navarro County, Texas
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: poll

Post by bird dog » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:10 am

I put a flatbed on my Ram last year. Love it. One of those thing I wish I had done 10 years ago. My bed and tailgate were both bashed in from hitting them with the goose neck when driving over a terrace.

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14764
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Texas
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: poll

Post by backhoeboogie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:22 pm

BRYANT wrote:just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways


I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
shaz
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm
Location: Middle Tn
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: poll

Post by shaz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:13 pm

I want a truck to drive it'self home so I can drink beer and sit in the back seat.
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Redgully
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 am
Location: Karragullen, Western Australia
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: poll

Post by Redgully » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

shaz wrote:I want a truck to drive it'self home so I can drink beer and sit in the back seat.


They're coming!

User avatar
BRYANT
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1384
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:56 pm
Location: Okie
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: poll

Post by BRYANT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
BRYANT wrote:just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways


I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

User avatar
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy
Posts: 14764
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Texas
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: poll

Post by backhoeboogie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:52 pm

BRYANT wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
BRYANT wrote:just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways


I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.


Well then, they didn't want to sell a truck very badly now did they ??? :cowboy:

No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

User avatar
Silver
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1324
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC Peace River country
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: poll

Post by Silver » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh


I know that feeling.... bought a new Dodge Cummins in 2010. I can now say I've had two Dodges. My first and my last. Same truck.

User avatar
pdfangus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4684
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:01 am
Location: Beaverdam, virginia
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: poll

Post by pdfangus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:59 am

I am a vote for a simple base truck...
no electric anything to go wrong....windows mirrors seats etc.
simple vinyl floor mats....no carpet....
same with the seats....
ability to take the water hose and wash the truck out...
Four in the floor and decent power to pull a trailer....
and a reasonable price...
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Post Reply