0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: poll

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:44 pm

I want one that self cleans the dirt off the running boards. I'd prefer that the most.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:58 pm

So I'm seriously the only one that would totally go for a built in mini fridge? As opposed to lugging around a cooler all the time? Sign me up!

BTW my husband simply latches the seat belt, shoves it under the seat & he's good to go.
1 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:51 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:I repaired my tail gate issues with a flatbed...

That's on my wish list.
0 x

ez14.
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm

TCRanch wrote:So I'm seriously the only one that would totally go for a built in mini fridge? As opposed to lugging around a cooler all the time? Sign me up!

BTW my husband simply latches the seat belt, shoves it under the seat & he's good to go.

I'll take a mini fridge and a microwave!
1 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 am

i'm not sure about trucks but i know some cars have mini fridge in the console and massaging seats.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 am

Silver wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:I repaired my tail gate issues with a flatbed...

That's on my wish list.
actually, it wasn't mine at first..up until I took out the beside with my tractor.. It was Decision time :cowboy:
1 x
that awkward moment,when the zombies are searching for brains.and pass you by..

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:10 am

I put a flatbed on my Ram last year. Love it. One of those thing I wish I had done 10 years ago. My bed and tailgate were both bashed in from hitting them with the goose neck when driving over a terrace.
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm

BRYANT wrote:just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways

I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:13 pm

I want a truck to drive it'self home so I can drink beer and sit in the back seat.
3 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Redgully
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Redgully » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 pm

shaz wrote:I want a truck to drive it'self home so I can drink beer and sit in the back seat.

They're coming!
1 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
BRYANT wrote:just read the manual or tell the dealership to turn off the seatbelt warning beeper, if you are farm tagged your not required to wear a seat anyways

I refused to drive it off the lot with the key in the ignition chime or the seatbelt chime. They crawfished for over an hour and then finally declared they would give me a schematic and tell me which wires to snip. I went home in the old truck. They got to keep it. Two weeks later they were giving me grief in a restaurant and I told them I'd just buy elsewhere in the future and they shut up.
On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:52 pm

BRYANT wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

On my dodge and also a ford you just read in the owners manual and it tells you how to turn them off its with the key and the seatbelt. Very simple to do, no cutting wires or any of that the ford I turned off the dodge the dealership turned off.

Well then, they didn't want to sell a truck very badly now did they ??? :cowboy:

No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
No more Fords for me. I made the mistake of buying the 6 point uh oh

I know that feeling.... bought a new Dodge Cummins in 2010. I can now say I've had two Dodges. My first and my last. Same truck.
1 x

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 am

I am a vote for a simple base truck...
no electric anything to go wrong....windows mirrors seats etc.
simple vinyl floor mats....no carpet....
same with the seats....
ability to take the water hose and wash the truck out...
Four in the floor and decent power to pull a trailer....
and a reasonable price...
1 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Return to “Beginners Board”