EPA

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
HSTexas
Cowhand
Cowhand

EPA

Postby HSTexas » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 pm

EPA is committed to a strong partnership with the agriculture community to assist in fulfilling our mission of protecting human health and the environment. About EPA's National Agriculture Center. Programs, Practices, and Topics of Interest. tractor in a field. Links to information of interest to farming and ranching operations, ...

https://www.epa.gov/agriculture
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: EPA

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm

That actually is good info. Your an asset to the board, glad you joined.
1 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Horse sheett.
4 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Don't be fooled the EPA is the enemy, a bunch of scum sucking bottom dwellers.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 am

Yall looking at the little picture. Look at the big picture. Think about all the jobs they created..mostly for their lackeys.

and look at the pretty colors.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 am

greybeard wrote:Yall looking at the little picture. Look at the big picture. Think about all the jobs they created..mostly for their lackeys.

Don't forget about China and a bunch of other countries that have our jobs because of the EPA. Treasonous really when you actually think about how the EPA damaged our country from the inside out. And the added cost of some of our products because of the EPA to the American consumer is a real burden also.
1 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
greybeard wrote:Yall looking at the little picture. Look at the big picture. Think about all the jobs they created..mostly for their lackeys.

Don't forget about China and a bunch of other countries that have our jobs because of the EPA. Treasonous really when you actually think about how the EPA damaged our country from the inside out. And the added cost of some of our products because of the EPA to the American consumer is a real burden also.

As a commercial fisherman, you more than most, should realize we all live downstream from something and you'd be more supportive of cleaner water.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

As a commercial fisherman, you more than most, should realize we all live downstream from something and you'd be more supportive of cleaner water.

We catch the majority of our Gulf of Mexico fish quota in the DEAD ZONE of the Mississippi River. Our best spot is only 9 miles from the Deep Water horizon oil spill. Don't believe nothing you read from an environmentalist. Their the same group that's trying to sell global warming.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 am

I believe or lakes, rivers, and steams are better off with EPA protection than without it.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I believe or lakes, rivers, and steams are better off with EPA protection than without it.

I feel the EPA and Unions have run there course. They were both needed at one time, now not so much. Do you actually believe that your cows peeing and pooping could possibly pollute the Ohio river? WOTUS was a beginning of the end for US.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I believe or lakes, rivers, and steams are better off with EPA protection than without it.

I feel the EPA and Unions have run there course. They were both needed at one time, now not so much. Do you actually believe that your cows peeing and pooping could possibly pollute the Ohio river? WOTUS was a beginning of the end for US.

No but releasing industrial waste into the river was certainly detrimental.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am

I was employed by EPA from 1987 until 2010.

The US EPA is needed for consistency and uniformity in how states conduct their regulatory programs, however, the current state of environmental regulation is inflated. When Congress passes new legislation, the EPA performs a function in rolling out those programs to the states. The waste comes when that function is finished, the overhead in EPA is never pruned.

There is too much duplication. It should be one of two ways:

1. Either you have a federal agency to perform all environmental regulation.
OR
2. States perform all environmental regulation.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

Bright Raven wrote:I was employed by EPA from 1987 until 2010.

The US EPA is needed for consistency and uniformity in how states conduct their regulatory programs, however, the current state of environmental regulation is inflated. When Congress passes new legislation, the EPA performs a function in rolling out those programs to the states. The waste comes when that function is finished, the overhead in EPA is never pruned.

OR

Wrong answer. We need state regulations more so than federal regulations, but if a state abuses their right, we the people of the country "government" need to be able fix the problem. It called checks and balances.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am

True Grit Farms wrote:

OR

Wrong answer. We need state regulations more so than federal regulations,.....

I think that is what I said in my two bullet summary. Where we may disagree is in a federal role to ensure a level of consistency.

Let me use an example. Kentucky and Ohio share the Ohio River for a domestic water supple. If states are totally independent, Kentucky could pollute the Ohio to the degree that Ohio citizens have no good domestic water supply. There is a real need to ensure that State A don't shyt in State B's nest.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

OR

Wrong answer. We need state regulations more so than federal regulations,.....

I think that is what I said in my two bullet summary. Where we may disagree is in a federal role to ensure a level of consistency.

Let me use an example. Kentucky and Ohio share the Ohio River for a domestic water supple. If states are totally independent, Kentucky could pollute the Ohio to the degree that Ohio citizens have no good domestic water supply. There is a real need to ensure that State A don't shyt in State B's nest.

True, the problem is when the EPA or any other government agencies try to apply what their doing in state A or B in my state. Overreach is the problem and there's no checks and balances to the federal employees that abuse their positions. Any government employee's that take bribes or payoffs needs to be tried for treason, if found guilty they need to be hung by the neck till dead.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”