Kubota parts availability?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Kubota parts availability?

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:27 am

It's only been 15 days since I broke my door glass out of my tractor. And my patience is running thin with Kubota. I called a couple of of other dealers just to make sure I wasn't getting lied to and they said the glass was on backorder also. It's only a 2014 model and it's not even hay season yet. My 9960 Kubota has been absolutely trouble free for 1500 hours, but if getting cosmetic parts is this tough now it's going to impossible in 20 years.
I'm beginning to wish I'd of sold out to TennesseeTuxedo.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby sstterry » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am

True Grit Farms wrote:It's only been 15 days since I broke my door glass out of my tractor. And my patience is running thin with Kubota. I called a couple of of other dealers just to make sure I wasn't getting lied to and they said the glass was on backorder also. It's only a 2014 model and it's not even hay season yet. My 9960 Kubota has been absolutely trouble free for 1500 hours, but if getting cosmetic parts is this tough now it's going to impossible in 20 years.

But just think about all of the fresh spring air you are getting to enjoy :)
2 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:39 am

0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Try Messiks

http://www.messicks.com/vendor/kubota

CB, I have Kubota insurance that covers parts and labor, they just need the dang part. We're busy through the weekend so it's not a big deal. I put Messick's number in my phone thanks.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 am

Grit I get most of my New Holland parts from them now . I found them when I was looking for Krone parts one time.
0 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 am

I use messicks also. Its a shame that a local parts house has to order half of what need so I just cut out the middle man and order things myself. I can get it quicker and cheaper. I don't mind paying for convenience but I'll be dam if I will pay more for something and have to wait for it.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:11 am

True Grit Farms wrote:It's only been 15 days since I broke my door glass out of my tractor. And my patience is running thin with Kubota. I called a couple of of other dealers just to make sure I wasn't getting lied to and they said the glass was on backorder also. It's only a 2014 model and it's not even hay season yet. My 9960 Kubota has been absolutely trouble free for 1500 hours, but if getting cosmetic parts is this tough now it's going to impossible in 20 years.

Well ya didn't and one of these days JLtrent will be saying the same thing.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:56 am

I broke the side glass out of mine last year, it took two weeks to get it, then another 10 days to get it fixed. I tried to get them to order the glass, and then bring it to them when it arrived. They told me since it was under warranty that they wouldn't order the parts till I brought it to them, I was without my tractor for almost a month.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:03 am

jehosofat wrote:I broke the side glass out of mine last year, it took two weeks to get it, then another 10 days to get it fixed. I tried to get them to order the glass, and then bring it to them when it arrived. They told me since it was under warranty that they wouldn't order the parts till I brought it to them, I was without my tractor for almost a month.

No loaner program I'm guessing.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am

The door handle part on the outside that mounts flush with the window broke on my M6800 out of the blue a couple days ago. It was lose just shaking in the door glass. It was all plastic about 1/2 lb. worth. THe local dealer had it and $66 dollars latter I am back in business. I broke the glass on my M9000 last year (dealer had it in stock) and if I remember correctly it was about $350 total to fix as I used the rubber seal over and repaired myself. Pretty good little job to fix. Maybe mine being older more parts available.

0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
jehosofat wrote:I broke the side glass out of mine last year, it took two weeks to get it, then another 10 days to get it fixed. I tried to get them to order the glass, and then bring it to them when it arrived. They told me since it was under warranty that they wouldn't order the parts till I brought it to them, I was without my tractor for almost a month.

No loaner program I'm guessing.

Yea, I got a loaner, but it was from my neighbor. :lol:
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

from the same good folks that brought us pearl harbor came kubota...Hirohito's Revenge.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Postby jkwilson » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:37 am

My best Kubota story is the washer fluid cap.

1. It is unique and it seems no other cap can replace it.
2. It is made out of a horrible, cheap plastic that becomes brittle months after being put into service.
3. It is not available as a replacement part. You have to buy the $180 washer fluid reservoir from Kubota to get one.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:48 am

jkwilson wrote:My best Kubota story is the washer fluid cap.

2. It is made out of a horrible, cheap plastic that becomes brittle months after being put into service.
3. It is not available as a replacement part. You have to buy the $180 washer fluid reservoir from Kubota to get one.

That’s when my tight a$$ would make one out of a cork or cellophane wrap and rubber band if I couldn’t find a whole new reservoir out of a junk vehicle.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
jkwilson wrote:My best Kubota story is the washer fluid cap.

That’s when my tight a$$ would make one out of a cork or cellophane wrap and rubber band if I couldn’t find a whole new reservoir out of a junk vehicle.

I guess I should do a how too on using a 1 gallon gas jug to make a new washer fluid reservoir .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”