Milk Consumption

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Milk Consumption

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 am

I drink very little mike anymore, the white colored water isn't any good and the good thick milk supposedly has a lot of fat. I'd rather get my calories from eating ice cream or peanut butter pie.
Boondocks, a dry aged prime Angus porterhouse steak seared and cooked till the center is 115 is my favorite. I like a fairly large steak around 1 1/2" thick and some where around 1 1/2 lb. I eat a fresh salad to warm up on, and steak. No potatoes, no vegetables, no bread just a great piece of beef.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I drink very little mike anymore, the white colored water isn't any good and the good thick milk supposedly has a lot of fat. I'd rather get my calories from eating ice cream or peanut butter pie.
Boondocks, a dry aged prime Angus porterhouse steak seared and cooked till the center is 115 is my favorite. I like a fairly large steak around 1 1/2" thick and some where around 1 1/2 lb. I eat a fresh salad to warm up on, and steak. No potatoes, no vegetables, no bread just a great piece of beef.

That piece of beef sounds just like how I like it. I don't waste any time on a potato or vegetables if there is enough beef!
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Yep, just a 1/2 piece of bread to soak up the juice and a big glass of milk to wash it down....
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:41 pm

You guys would have loved my granddad. At family cookouts, when grandma would bring out the (wonderful) homemade tart cherry pie, he would instead have a second helping of steak or burger for "dessert". He would suck the bones lol
2 x

Return to “Got Milk?”