Summer Garden 2018

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24228
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Post by Jogeephus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

Image


Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19695
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:06 am

Jogeephus wrote:Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

Image


There is always next year :lol: I thought I was doing something with the triple 19
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 24228
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Post by Jogeephus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:58 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:Sky if you weren't so tight with the fertilizer you could grow them like this.

Image


There is always next year :lol: I thought I was doing something with the triple 19


And that's just a small one. A dwarf. A midget. :cowboy: :cowboy: :lol2:

I can't take credit for this beauty. My neighbor's son grew it in their garden. BUT ... if you want .... I can get you some of the fertilizer they used. It'll be expensive but well worth it. ;-) :lol:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4355
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:22 am

George Washington Carver working with sweet potatoes. I think that he developed a strain that was refereed to as a good one for cattle feed. Here is a list of products that can be made with a sweet potato.

https://www.tuskegee.edu/support-tu/geo ... o-products

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19695
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Summer Garden 2018

Post by skyhightree1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:20 pm

hurleyjd wrote:George Washington Carver working with sweet potatoes. I think that he developed a strain that was refereed to as a good one for cattle feed. Here is a list of products that can be made with a sweet potato.

https://www.tuskegee.edu/support-tu/geo ... o-products


he did some remarkable things
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Post Reply