Updates on Michael?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Updates on Michael?

Postby sstterry » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 am

Dash, Vince, Michael and others.

If you get a chance, can you tell us how you faired last night? I hope there was not too much damage.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Updates on Michael?

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

We just have trees down everywhere, no structure damage to the house or barn. We were really fortunate, M5 needs your thoughts and prayers, his stuff is ruined but his family is safe and sound.
8 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 am

True Grit Farms wrote:We just have trees down everywhere, no structure damage to the house or barn. We were really fortunate, M5 needs your thoughts and prayers, his stuff is ruined but his family is safe and sound.

He’s got them.
It’s horrible to loose stuff as long as the family is safe nothing else is very important.
Y’all be super careful in the cleanup I lost my FIL to Carla cleanup and a cousin to Rita.
Just because the storm has passed the danger hasn’t.
6 x
Mark Twain Quotes. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am

How about Gizmom? She doing OK?
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks for all the prayers. Got a bunch of fences messed up. No structure damage on any of my farms. House is good. Equipment is good. Lots of trees down. Lots of power lines down. Dash faired a lot worse. Thanks again to all.
6 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Prayers to all that suffered damage and especially Dash. I hope he is able to recover quickly!
2 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Michael's visiting me now
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:53 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Michael's visiting me now

Us too. Lots of rain. Further south, Nelson county & Bedford County, my siblings have lost trees and had minor flooding.

As for Dash, we're saying prayers for him and everyone else affected by this. I am glad that he and his family are okay, but very sorry to hear that he has had so much damage. :frowns:
3 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 am

Michael came through here but only the fringes. Had rain, some minor flooding of roads but the areas east and south did get a hit. It sure turned cooler, temps down in the low 50's this morning and possible frost on Sat night they are saying..... Hope some of the Fla folks check in and let us know how things are.
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am

farmerjan wrote:Michael came through here but only the fringes. Had rain, some minor flooding of roads but the areas east and south did get a hit. It sure turned cooler, temps down in the low 50's this morning and possible frost on Sat night they are saying..... Hope some of the Fla folks check in and let us know how things are.

The morning revealed what occurred during the night. Minor compared to Fla. So far we've repaired/replaced 16 feet of fence and cut up the tree that fell on it. Haven't checked all the rest yet. Lots of branches & limbs laying around. Our kitchen door blew open sometime between 2:30 and 6:00 this morning. (I know it was shut & locked @ 2:30, as I was up with the dog who was rattled by all the noise of the wind).

There's a house being built on property that adjoins ours, there's some Tyvek and insulation in the trees along our creek, a bunch of other plastic & some insulation up against the fence, plastic in the pasture. Apparently one of the walls, actually the side of the house, blew over/out. :roll:

I hop Dash is okay, and continue to pray for those who have suffered tremendous loss.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I haven't surveyed my place yet and farms only immediate places like my back yard where my covered swing and kids trampoline blew on my garage and bent some metal trees down in pig pen. I have been cutting trees off houses roads and everything you can imagine.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:52 am

skyhightree1 wrote:I haven't surveyed my place yet and farms only immediate places like my back yard where my covered swing and kids trampoline blew on my garage and bent some metal trees down in pig pen. I have been cutting trees off houses roads and everything you can imagine.

You have metal trees where you live?
Must be he77 on chainsaws..
3 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:37 am

greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I haven't surveyed my place yet and farms only immediate places like my back yard where my covered swing and kids trampoline blew on my garage and bent some metal trees down in pig pen. I have been cutting trees off houses roads and everything you can imagine.

You have metal trees where you live?
Must be he77 on chainsaws..

Lol not too bad you just have to use a good chain
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”