Shooting Dogs

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Re: Shooting Dogs

Post by BRYANT » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
callmefence wrote:I don't care what kind of chips or collar a dog has on. I can't see a judge signing a warrant to look for a lost dog..lol

And that's what they'll be needing.. :nod

: people get themselves in trouble with their mouths. If you practice the shutup
You don't need the shovel.

They will do it in a heart beat. All you have to do is start a go fund me and get one of these animal groups behind you.. its a done deal.. judge won't have a choice.

What is getting these land owners is the gps tracking.

and they can raise thousands of dollars in a very short time plus these groups have lawyers that work for them ready to go.

God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:46 pm

Just need to pass legislation like Texas.

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/tx-d ... er-animals
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:20 pm

BRYANT wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
callmefence wrote:I don't care what kind of chips or collar a dog has on. I can't see a judge signing a warrant to look for a lost dog..lol

And that's what they'll be needing.. :nod

: people get themselves in trouble with their mouths. If you practice the shutup
You don't need the shovel.

They will do it in a heart beat. All you have to do is start a go fund me and get one of these animal groups behind you.. its a done deal.. judge won't have a choice.

and they can raise thousands of dollars in a very short time plus these groups have lawyers that work for them ready to go.

So can you show a case where a judge issued a warrant to look for a lost dog just on the transmission from a collar??
I'm betting without doing any research, that every warrant issued someone either opened their mouth or their gate......
It ain't bragging if you can do it.
Red Bull Breeder.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Post by BRYANT » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:57 pm

callmefence wrote:
BRYANT wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

So can you show a case where a judge issued a warrant to look for a lost dog just on the transmission from a collar??
I'm betting without doing any research, that every warrant issued someone either opened their mouth or their gate......

There was a news story several months back where someone shot a hound with a tracking collar and did not know what it was and buried it and it was recovered from his property and he was charged . I think it may have been in Indiana ?? not for sure and cant locate the story and I don't know for sure if they got a warrant to recover the collars. For some reason I did not follow it very close ??
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:00 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Just need to pass legislation like Texas.

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/tx-d ... er-animals

Yep. It's pretty straight forward and pretty clear.
822.013. Dogs or Coyotes That Attack Animals
(a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:

(1) any person witnessing the attack; or

(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.

(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.

(c) A person who discovers on the person's property a dog or coyote known or suspected of having killed livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may detain or impound the dog or coyote and return it to its owner or deliver the dog or coyote to the local animal control authority. The owner of the dog or coyote is liable for all costs incurred in the capture and care of the dog or coyote and all damage done by the dog or coyote.

(d) The owner, keeper, or person in control of a dog or coyote that is known to have attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls shall control the dog or coyote in a manner approved by the local animal control authority.

(e) A person is not required to acquire a hunting license under Section 42.002, Parks and Wildlife Code, to kill a dog or coyote under this section.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 am

Good to know you don't need a license to shoot dogs.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:21 pm

callmefence wrote:
BRYANT wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:

No warrant needed in Virginia the law allows me to go onto anyone's property by foot to retrieve my dogs by vehicle if they let me. Here in Virginia they would issue a warrant based off of that in a heart beat but we don't have to go to that extreme.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:25 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
callmefence wrote:
BRYANT wrote:and they can raise thousands of dollars in a very short time plus these groups have lawyers that work for them ready to go.

No warrant needed in Virginia the law allows me to go onto anyone's property by foot to retrieve my dogs by vehicle if they let me. Here in Virginia they would issue a warrant based off of that in a heart beat but we don't have to go to that extreme.

Even if it's fenced and posted? Can you carry a gun also? I guess there's no trespassing laws in VA?
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Law

§ 18.2-136. Right of certain hunters to go on lands of another; carrying firearms or bows and arrows prohibited.

Fox hunters and coon hunters, when the chase begins on other lands, may follow their dogs on prohibited lands, and hunters of all other game, when the chase begins on other lands, may go upon prohibited lands to retrieve their dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls but may not carry firearms or bows and arrows on their persons or hunt any game while thereon. The use of vehicles to retrieve dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls on prohibited lands shall be allowed only with the permission of the landowner or his agent. Any person who goes on prohibited lands to retrieve his dogs, falcons, hawks, or owls pursuant to this section and who willfully refuses to identify himself when requested by the landowner or his agent to do so is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/tit ... n18.2-136/
Last edited by skyhightree1 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
callmefence wrote:

Even if it's fenced and posted? Can you carry a gun also? I guess there's no trespassing laws in VA?

No you can't carry a weapon and yes if its posted or fenced. Sure there's trespassing laws we just love our dogs here :lol:

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

No you can't carry a weapon and yes if its posted or fenced. Sure there's trespassing laws we just love our dogs here :lol:

http://humbrechtlaw.com/virginia-trespassing-laws/
I've been looking into trespassing laws in VA. I thought they were pretty good myself. I guess I need to meet the Sheriff before I close on our property up there. Hopefully he likes fresh seafood.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Grit those trespass laws are pretty weak compared to here.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:55 pm

:D ..I rank hound people just below horse people....
It ain't bragging if you can do it.
Red Bull Breeder.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

MillennialRancher
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by MillennialRancher » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Anyone had trouble with "hunting" dogs?

couple years back we had a problem with hunters running dogs on our land. deer slaying starts on oct. 15 and that was in the middle of our calving season. stressing the momma cows and their calves not to mention running deer clean through our high tensile perimeter wire. tried contacting local sheriff department and game warden and got no help from them.

finally caught them out there one day and my grandpa parked the truck in the middle of the pasture, keyed up on the cb radio channel they were using and said "you got 5 minutes to get those @#$&* dogs off my land or im putting a bullet in all of them" so i preceded to grab the SKS from the back seat and propped it up on the roof of the truck as i was standing in the bed. Next thing you know bright orange hats were scrambling all over the place loading dogs in dog boxes. Havent had a problem since.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:22 pm

callmefence wrote::D ..I rank hound people just below horse people....

They don't have the emoji I want to send you :D