Universal tractors

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
frenchie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:51 am
Location: nw manitoba

Universal tractors

Postby frenchie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:46 pm

Anyone here have any experiences with Universal tractors. Are they good or junk.
0 x

User avatar
Mahoney Pursley Ranch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2431
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:01 pm
Location: North Central Texas

Re: Universal tractors

Postby Mahoney Pursley Ranch » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:48 pm

frenchie wrote:Anyone here have any experiences with Universal tractors. Are they good or junk.
Couldn't tell ya about tractors but Universal makes some darn good movies :lol:
0 x
If it will it will
If it won't it won't ---------- Bocephus

frenchie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:51 am
Location: nw manitoba

Postby frenchie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:04 pm

yes they do. :lol:
0 x

User avatar
jfont
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:31 pm
Location: south central louisiana

Postby jfont » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:34 pm

If not many people know about these tractors it may be hard to find the parts.
0 x

frenchie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:51 am
Location: nw manitoba

Postby frenchie » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:40 pm

Been in Canada for at least 20 yrs. I suspect perhaps not in the U.S at all
0 x

User avatar
jholk
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:27 pm
Location: alabama

Postby jholk » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:48 am

thought i would let you know ,universal tractors are sold in the u.s. under the long tractor brand , i know they have been in the us for atleast 20 yrs one of the first tractors i drove was a long from romania .they are still built there.they are fiat "clones" .a friend of mine has had one for about 2 yrs. seems to be a good tractor .fit a finsh is not great but seems to run and drive well has not been i the shop except for oil and filter changes.
0 x

frenchie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:51 am
Location: nw manitoba

Postby frenchie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:12 am

jholk wrote:thought i would let you know ,universal tractors are sold in the u.s. under the long tractor brand , i know they have been in the us for atleast 20 yrs one of the first tractors i drove was a long from romania .they are still built there.they are fiat "clones" .a friend of mine has had one for about 2 yrs. seems to be a good tractor .fit a finsh is not great but seems to run and drive well has not been i the shop except for oil and filter changes.


thanks..
0 x
'Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today'

User avatar
Subsoil
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:26 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Postby Subsoil » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:49 pm

Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.
0 x

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Postby dun » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:52 pm

Subsoil wrote:Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.


The FarmTrac 60 is a Ford 3910 and is manufactured in India. Got one. A great tractor but the metallergy on some parts is a bit suspect.

dun
0 x

frenchie
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:51 am
Location: nw manitoba

Postby frenchie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:37 pm

dun wrote:
Subsoil wrote:Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.


The FarmTrac 60 is a Ford 3910 and is manufactured in India. Got one. A great tractor but the metallergy on some parts is a bit suspect.

dun


How many PTO HP Dun?
0 x
'Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today'

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47343
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Postby dun » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:06 pm

frenchie wrote:
dun wrote:
Subsoil wrote:Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.


The FarmTrac 60 is a Ford 3910 and is manufactured in India. Got one. A great tractor but the metallergy on some parts is a bit suspect.

dun


How many PTO HP Dun?


If memory serves it's 45 or 47 pto hp

dun
0 x

DaleK
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:51 pm
Location: Eastern Ontario

Universal

Postby DaleK » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:11 pm

There are a few of them around here, some of the local townships bought them to mow ditches, a few on farms. They work reasonably well as low-hour utility tractors but anybody that starts putting a lot of hours on them soon wants rid of them.
0 x


Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests