M & M's in cattle feed...............

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: M & M's in cattle feed...............

Postby jltrent » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:44 am

Supa Dexta wrote:I've actually been watching and wondering about this around here the last few yrs. It wasn't that long ago, you could go to the store after easter, or halloween or whatever day they had large amounts of candy out for - and there would be a lot of left overs that they would mark down, day after day it would get cheaper - some off the path places would have it for sale for a week or 2 afterwards as they sold it off.

But the last few years - nothing! I knew they couldnt get their inventory guessed that accurately to all sell out - so I was assuming the workers were buying it up or something.. But perhaps they are selling it to another industry now for a set price, and don't bother with the constant mark downs and it taking up shelf space...

Perhaps it gets shipped off to another country for their holidayS - The mystery continues.. But I sure miss the cheap candy!

I think that was some of the problem. People would wait till after the holiday to get the candy for less instead of paying full price. The retailer learned it is better to sell what they can at full price which will be more if they cut out the mark downs latter which people wait on instead of paying full price. So just get rid of it even if it is for almost nothing and put in cattle feed.
0 x

OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Don't let the city people find out about this or it will become a whole new issue. " Drugging cattle with candy to increase food production" :bang:
0 x
Be decisive, wether right or wrong.
The road of life is paved with many flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

ez14
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:When they call me and its not a dumptruck load i will load this up

People must see you going down the road and think "man that guy loves bread!!!!!"
0 x
with your shield or on it

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 pm

ez14 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:When they call me and its not a dumptruck load i will load this up

People must see you going down the road and think "man that guy loves bread!!!!!"

Lol people speed up to get close and take pics
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

ez14
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:28 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
ez14 wrote:

Lol people speed up to get close and take pics
:lol:

yeah you got to be a sight to see going down the road like that :lol:

Now i want to see someone loaded down like that with M&MS
0 x
with your shield or on it

H Junior
Beginner
Beginner

Postby H Junior » Thu May 17, 2018 1:17 am

Any one know where you can buy the bulk uncrushed or in ground candy to mix in the feed
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 am

H Junior wrote:Any one know where you can buy the bulk uncrushed or in ground candy to mix in the feed

Plant where it is made would probably be the only place with a large volume of it unless some commodity broker has some.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 am

jltrent wrote:
Supa Dexta wrote:I've actually been watching and wondering about this around here the last few yrs. It wasn't that long ago, you could go to the store after easter, or halloween or whatever day they had large amounts of candy out for - and there would be a lot of left overs that they would mark down, day after day it would get cheaper - some off the path places would have it for sale for a week or 2 afterwards as they sold it off.

But the last few years - nothing! I knew they couldnt get their inventory guessed that accurately to all sell out - so I was assuming the workers were buying it up or something.. But perhaps they are selling it to another industry now for a set price, and don't bother with the constant mark downs and it taking up shelf space...

Perhaps it gets shipped off to another country for their holidayS - The mystery continues.. But I sure miss the cheap candy!

I think that was some of the problem. People would wait till after the holiday to get the candy for less instead of paying full price. The retailer learned it is better to sell what they can at full price which will be more if they cut out the mark downs latter which people wait on instead of paying full price. So just get rid of it even if it is for almost nothing and put in cattle feed.

Some are now making a living buying up excess holiday inventories and clearance items and reselling them on amazon.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”