Fidget spinner...............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
220px-Fidget_spinner_red%2C_cropped.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge_22K0UTIY

Anybody got one yet? They seem to be the going fad right now. They are suppose to relieve stress and have been advertised as helping people who have trouble with focusing or fidgeting (such as those with ADHD, autism, or anxiety) by acting as a release mechanism for nervous energy or psychological stress.

gage got 2 or 3....theyre 2$ on amazon...every kid in his school got em...some got pocketfuls of em..wish I had invented it

In my day we had "Clackers"! Anyone remember those death devices? Two big ol glass balls hanging on strings... If you didn't know what you were doing, you could literally knock yourself out!

dieselbeef":igbarmbj said:
wish I had invented it
If you did like the woman that invented them years ago you wouldn;t make a dime. She let her patent expire and as soon as it did everyone started making them. She gets nothing from it at all.

I read the story about the lady that claimed to have invented it. She's using the term "invented" very loosely. She had a patent for a propeller looking thing built around a thimble looking dome. It fit over a finger and in theory would spin around a few times. She's comparing that to these things that have nearly frictionless bearings and will spin for 5 minutes at a time.

M.Magis":38t1aulb said:
I read the story about the lady that claimed to have invented it. She's using the term "invented" very loosely. She had a patent for a propeller looking thing built around a thimble looking dome. It fit over a finger and in theory would spin around a few times. She's comparing that to these things that have nearly frictionless bearings and will spin for 5 minutes at a time.
It's the bearings that fascinate me

TN Cattle Man":2vw829dl said:
In my day we had "Clackers"! Anyone remember those death devices? Two big ol glass balls hanging on strings... If you didn't know what you were doing, you could literally knock yourself out!

:lol2: :lol2:

Yeah, I remember those! Had a neighbor who had a set. Then they came out with plastic ones, those weren't nearly as much fun. ;-)

dun":2k0c11cy said:
M.Magis":2k0c11cy said:
It's the bearings that fascinate me
Same here. My youngest son has one that I thought was battery powered when I first tried it. Just the slightest touch and it'll spin for nearly a minute.

My kids brought two of them home. I think they hid them when they figured out that I was not capable of being productive if they left them in plain sight so I'm back to swirling the flyswatter and clicking pens on and off endlessly.

My kwife daughter ran their fidget spinners about 6 hours today. The heat index was a hundred. I've seen very little fidgeting this afternoon. I fact I had to poke one to make sure she was still alive.

TN Cattle Man":1o18rhim said:

Only the rich kids had clackers. We had big buttons on a string loop.

Latest posts