New purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

285th day for our girl today. Still seem to have several days left. Would guess she won't calve until 290days. She's around 1550lbs now, but might be abit more. Wonderful character and should be a pretty heavy milker. Her dam has a huge udder. Maybe will be able to take a photo of her soon.
DSCF3108.jpg

DSCF3111.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

Took some photos in the daylight.
DSCF3013.jpg

DSCF3039.jpg

The new mom is doing a good job. Very loving and quiet. Really happy that bought her. She has aborted around two months after AI last year for our neighbour, but I still really liked her and hoped that she'll become a cow one day.

sstterry":1tx5itvq said:
I will be curious to see how the calf grows over the next 6 months!
Me too! He should start filling up very soon. Both parents are pretty big. Pity that not a heifer, but well, at least have alive and healthy calf.

NonTypicalCPA":2itvkj89 said:
I like the looks of that cow! Horns included.
Thanks. Not many people like horns nowadays! Her dam has what I would call medium size too. Both very gentle natured girls, so no bother with it.

Managed to take a photo of the heifer's dam. She's a bit skinnier now due to less grass this year and she's a very heavy milker. The heifer on the left is out of the same bbxdairy cow, sired by Red Angus bull. We got two bull calves from the same bull this fall. Heifer is ~19months old, incalf with angus, and is easily over 1500lbs. A true tank. If our neighbour hasn't kept her, I was ready to buy this one too!
DSCF3042-1.jpg

And april born calf sired by red angus from the same cow. Weighing 660-700lbs.
DSCF3034-1.jpg

Latest posts