Getting ready.

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
Skys warming up his dogs. Everyone is getting ready in their own way. 50 years old now, I think I get more exited every year.

We've got rain on our aproxx. 45 acres of oats finally. That's in 7 small plots.
Filled existing feeders and put in a few new ones. We don't use tripods cattle turn em over. Either a tree or like this where this no tall trees. We used around 800pounds of corn yesterday.

skyhightree1":44d37rwc said:
Very nice..when's yalls season start?

Bow season opened yesterday.
Gun season opens Nov.4
I quit bow hunting several years ago. Got no problem with it at all. I do have a problem with them opening it before gun season. Texas parks and wildlife however doesn't seem to care what I think.

I'm glad you guys are heading to the woods and getting off the lake. November is my favorite month to bass fish not for just the fishing but also having the lake to myself.

Caustic Burno":ri846xx5 said:
True Grit Farms":ri846xx5 said:
Nice and cool here I'm going bow hunting this afternoon, first time in years.

I am going in the morning deer are moving here from about 8:30 to noon.
Don't forget to back that bow draw back to about 25 lbs. You are a year older you know. :mrgreen: :hide:

TexasBred":kj75viph said:
Caustic Burno":kj75viph said:
True Grit Farms":kj75viph said:
Nice and cool here I'm going bow hunting this afternoon, first time in years.

I am going in the morning deer are moving here from about 8:30 to noon.
Don't forget to back that bow draw back to about 25 lbs. You are a year older you know. :mrgreen: :hide:

That might be too high.
Had three does walk under the stand about 15 minutes ago.

I made a food plot rye/oats. Drowned out once, and replanted it. Been running 5 feeders since spring. Seen two Boone class deer, but definitely no pattern to what they are doing.

Bigfoot":ryr60exn said:
I made a food plot rye/oats. Drowned out once, and replanted it. Been running 5 feeders since spring. Seen two Boone class deer, but definitely no pattern to what they are doing.

No boonies around here, but my brother has some really nice bucks on camera this year. We're loaded with deer this year, you can drive our interior loop road and see 50+ deer every afternoon. My dad and brother came up Saturday and we've been getting everything ready. Our box stands have all been loaded with wasps, and the good news is no rattlesnakes yet. We should be done with everything tomorrow and will let the place rest till opening morning.

Young man came up to the farm last week. Said he was married to the neighbor's daughter. Ask if he could hunt deer. I said Yes but my cousin has first rights on days he wants to hunt. Which is not much. Last year he didn't hunt a single day. The young fella was here early Sunday to scout. Said he saw a big one. Is going to put up a camera. Be interesting. Seems like he knows what he is doing.

5 does walked accross the pasture right behind my dog pen yesterday morning. I haven't seen any bucks in months.

Brute 23":g3281zsy said:
Its going to be a tough year with all the grass and acorns. Unless it gets real cold real fast those big bucks won't have any reason to come out.

Oaks are already dropping acorns like crazy here. A deer here never has to come out of a thicket.

Latest posts