NCBA raises it's membership dues....again.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
I hate to be a freeloader and not support BEEF, but I'm out. I haven't been happy with the NCBA support of COOL and backing imports of beef from Brazil. Dues only went up to $150.00 a year but I see no reason for the increase. We do Farm Days at 5 or 6 schools every spring a give pencils and coloring books to all the kids, and beef cook books to all the teachers. This year we can only give pencils or coloring books and not both? Where's our $2.00 per head beef checkoff dollars going?

True Grit Farms":16hb6qpm said:
I hate to be a freeloader and not support BEEF, but I'm out. I haven't been happy with the NCBA support of COOL and backing imports of beef from Brazil. Dues only went up to $150.00 a year but I see no reason for the increase. We do Farm Days at 5 or 6 schools every spring a give pencils and coloring books to all the kids, and beef cook books to all the teachers. This year we can only give pencils or coloring books and not both? Where's our $2.00 per head beef checkoff dollars going?

most likely to salaries to those that say we don't have enough money to give away free stuff

M-5":1lit1xq6 said:
True Grit Farms":1lit1xq6 said:

most likely to salaries to those that say we don't have enough money to give away free stuff

What the real kicker is $.50 out of the beef checkoff dollars can only go to education and promotion of beef products.
I've noticed how the NCBA is promoting how to cook lean beef. Mexican beef us lean beef, I wonder if I'm over thinking things? I'll know a little more about what's happening after Friday.

i saw in KY they are building a brand new building for the checkoff team.

plenty of buildings up for sale or rent that don't need built.. its just so confusing..

Come on Grit, the JBS...I mean, NCBA henchmen, gotta eat too, and what about their kids...maybe they need a new ipad.

I support like what R-Calf does better. Have seen too many times in this area where the NCBA didn't represent what those paying most of the check off dollars wanted. I feel they have followed the wrong road for sometime.

Latest posts