Emoticons

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:46 am
Location: Central Upstate New York
Contact:

Re: Emoticons

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:44 am

I did not start reading this from first page. Anyone else not getting notifications?
Look at me!!! Leaving in an hour and I'm playing one here! Phil is out doing chores without me. LOL
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15503
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Emoticons

Postby greybeard » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:12 am

M Gravlee wrote:Simple problem, not so simple fix. I'm adding Classified Ads back to the site. The new software requires PHP 7.x and this forum won't run on 7.x so when I changed if wouldn't access the database. Finally figured out how get the forum back on PHP 5.4 but the cache on the forum was still directing it to 7.x so I deleted the cache. That fixed the database problem but caused all of your above problems. The cache on your device is looking for a file in the forum cache that is no longer there.

I will continue to work on a fix.

Thank you for the explanation and your continued efforts.
Due to a different problem on another website, I had deleted my temp files/history/cache not too long after the website was down..right after I got a MySql error and everything seems to be working fine on my device.
If everyone deletes their cache, wouldn't that solve their problems?
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6800
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Emoticons

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

M Gravlee wrote:Simple problem, not so simple fix. I'm adding Classified Ads back to the site. The new software requires PHP 7.x and this forum won't run on 7.x so when I changed if wouldn't access the database. Finally figured out how get the forum back on PHP 5.4 but the cache on the forum was still directing it to 7.x so I deleted the cache. That fixed the database problem but caused all of your above problems. The cache on your device is looking for a file in the forum cache that is no longer there.

I will continue to work on a fix.


Thank you, very much Macon!
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6930
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Emoticons

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:50 pm

It acts up on my Dell laptop with chrome and my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Chrome.
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4553
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Emoticons

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 pm

I can like posts now by doing like, back space, reload. No emjies or bold type ect.

Yesterday and today could not access site.
I get a problem loading page message website is redirecting in a manner that will never connect, perhaps due to cookie acceptance or denial.

I only got in by accident.... went to another website and clicked on a link there to this site.
Trying to access through google also gave me the same loading page problem message, so not sure when I'll be back in again.
0 x

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6800
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Emoticons

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I can like posts now by doing like, back space, reload. No emjies or bold type ect.

Yesterday and today could not access site.
I get a problem loading page message website is redirecting in a manner that will never connect, perhaps due to cookie acceptance or denial.

I only got in by accident.... went to another website and clicked on a link there to this site.
Trying to access through google also gave me the same loading page problem message, so not sure when I'll be back in again.


I've had to get here through a BING search, of all things. I've tried the suggestions offered here and the only one that worked is the "like" thing. Otherwise, no photo posting option, no 'bold', no 'italics' etc., no emoticons. Yeah, as much as I like this site, and appreciate all that Macon has done, I'm not liking the "new" "improvements". :(
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2643
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Emoticons

Postby TCRanch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:I can like posts now by doing like, back space, reload. No emjies or bold type ect.

Yesterday and today could not access site.
I get a problem loading page message website is redirecting in a manner that will never connect, perhaps due to cookie acceptance or denial.

I only got in by accident.... went to another website and clicked on a link there to this site.
Trying to access through google also gave me the same loading page problem message, so not sure when I'll be back in again.


I've had to get here through a BING search, of all things. I've tried the suggestions offered here and the only one that worked is the "like" thing. Otherwise, no photo posting option, no 'bold', no 'italics' etc., no emoticons. Yeah, as much as I like this site, and appreciate all that Macon has done, I'm not liking the "new" "improvements". :(

I can still post a photo with "Add image to post" but I'll be darned if it's gone the next day, just an "X" in a box.
0 x

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9087
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Emoticons

Postby slick4591 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

I kept getting the 404 error and decided to click the link on the error page. Was able to get in that way. I was able to use the New Post feature at first, but now that's not functional.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6800
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Ctrl Virginia

Re: Emoticons

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm

TCRanch wrote:

I can still post a photo with "Add image to post" but I'll be darned if it's gone the next day, just an "X" in a box.


I don't even have that "Add image to post" anymore.

I have noticed that some of the posts, that had pictures added to them, that the photos are now that box w/the X.

Yeah, I hope this in not the "new normal". I have enough of that in my daily life, these days. :(
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2643
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Emoticons

Postby TCRanch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm

"Workinonit Farm"]

Yeah, I hope this in not the "new normal". I have enough of that in my daily life, these days. :([/quote][/quote]
You're preaching to the choir! Hugs!
2 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Emoticons

Postby boondocks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I can like posts now by doing like, back space, reload. No emjies or bold type ect.

Yesterday and today could not access site.
I get a problem loading page message website is redirecting in a manner that will never connect, perhaps due to cookie acceptance or denial.

I only got in by accident.... went to another website and clicked on a link there to this site.
Trying to access through google also gave me the same loading page problem message, so not sure when I'll be back in again.

Same. The "redirecting in a manner that will never connect" seemed pretty ominous. lol
Finally got on through some back channel but dunno if I will again. If not, been nice knowing y'all! (I'd put in the hat tip if emojis were working for me)
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15503
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Emoticons

Postby greybeard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 am

I got in using the following pasted right behind the usual CT url, and works with both Chrome and Win10 Edge browsers:
?sid=bb6ab56338f5c8c59dcfe29251f88557


(copy exactly as it is, paste it into the address bar behind the normal CT url and it should work for at least today, April 17.)
Don't ask how I found it..I don't remember..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4181
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Emoticons

Postby callmefence » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 am

Seems computers are like cheap chainsaws.
Great when working. But you spend more time working on em than using them.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.




You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15503
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Emoticons

Postby greybeard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 am

Chrome says of viewtopic.php :
Insecure Content Blocked.
"This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources.
Load unsafe scripts?"
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: callmefence and 4 guests