Outdoor Kitchen

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29700
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby TexasBred » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:27 pm

GB we've been using one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap but they do a great job.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-de ... sect-trap/
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Chocolate Cow2 wrote:slick-this is so awesome. I'm watching in amazement. This is just perfect. Had some friends who once said if they ever remodeled their kitchen, they were putting in a slatted floor so all they had to do was hose it down once in awhile. That was before anyone ever thought about an outdoor kitchen.


Thank you. The flagstone is almost as good as slats as it will be sealed and can easily be cleaned with a hose.

TexasBred wrote:GB we've been using one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap but they do a great job.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-de ... sect-trap/


Thanks for the suggestion, TB. I haven't seen that one before and it's certainly something we will want.

Score on the 65" TV cause we bought one today.
5 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Plumbing/electrical/gas guy pulled in this morning about 8:30. First thing I noticed was he was limping quite a bit and wearing a house shoe on his right foot. I understood him enough to know he sliced his foot open on something and was told to stay off of it for three days by the hospital doctor. He limped around all day and got the sink, water heater and a couple of electrical outlets in place in the island. Says he'll be back tomorrow to finish hooking up the gas to the grill and hotplate, and then probably more electrical.

Image
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3679
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby JMJ Farms » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:55 pm

slick4591 wrote:Plumbing/electrical/gas guy pulled in this morning about 8:30. First thing I noticed was he was limping quite a bit and wearing a house shoe on his right foot. I understood him enough to know he sliced his foot open on something and was told to stay off of it for three days by the hospital doctor. He limped around all day and got the sink, water heater and a couple of electrical outlets in place in the island. Says he'll be back tomorrow to finish hooking up the gas to the grill and hotplate, and then probably more electrical.

Image


Mighty fine Slick. Mighty fine.

I’ve never built or had any one else build any concrete countertops on any of the jobs I’ve worked on. I’ve come close a couple of times but they elected to go with granite. Yours look good. I want to experiment with some but I don’t want to do it on the customers dime without the experience. Maybe I should build me an outdoor kitchen so I can experiment on my own first :nod:
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Mighty fine Slick. Mighty fine.

I’ve never built or had any one else build any concrete countertops on any of the jobs I’ve worked on. I’ve come close a couple of times but they elected to go with granite. Yours look good. I want to experiment with some but I don’t want to do it on the customers dime without the experience. Maybe I should build me an outdoor kitchen so I can experiment on my own first :nod:


Thanks. The way I see it is you need to provide the absolute best knowledge and experience to your customers. To accomplish that might be by experimenting materials. I don't think it matters where that experiment takes place, but you certainly need to be armed with the best of both to accomplish that. I also believe those might be called "write-offs" in some circles, if I remember correctly.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3679
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby JMJ Farms » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:14 pm

slick4591 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:Mighty fine Slick. Mighty fine.

I’ve never built or had any one else build any concrete countertops on any of the jobs I’ve worked on. I’ve come close a couple of times but they elected to go with granite. Yours look good. I want to experiment with some but I don’t want to do it on the customers dime without the experience. Maybe I should build me an outdoor kitchen so I can experiment on my own first :nod:


Thanks. The way I see it is you need to provide the absolute best knowledge and experience to your customers. To accomplish that might be by experimenting materials. I don't think it matters where that experiment takes place, but you certainly need to be armed with the best of both to accomplish that. I also believe those might be called "write-offs" in some circles, if I remember correctly.


Yep. I agree.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17228
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby greybeard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:37 pm

TexasBred wrote:GB we've been using one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap but they do a great job.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-de ... sect-trap/


I may have to look into that one. We are using 1980s-1990s flowtron bug zappers--the old style with the hardware cloth surrounds. No plastic except bottom. Simple, bulletproof and last forever. The new zappers like Stinger are garbage, difficult to clean out and have a high voltage transformer that is a cheap piece of crap, circuit boards in them that are even a cheaper piece of Chinese crap & go out after about 3-6 months. The old flowtrons have a high voltage transformer to electrocute the bugs, and low voltage transformer for the light and 1 or 2 capacitors whose only function is to cut down on RF interference on AM radio.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Plumbing/electrical/gas guy has worked the last couple of days and we now have electricity in the island and that gives us hot water. He's been digging his way to the propane tank to get gas to the grill and hot plate. If all goes right they will be live tomorrow. He's also hung the ceiling fan and a few of the LED lights. Those are not hot today, but maybe he'll get them going tomorrow. Right now we are enjoying a late afternoon shower which is definitely needed here.
3 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
alisonb
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4576
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am
Location: South Africa

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby alisonb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Looking slick, Slick :D
0 x
Few is the number who think with their own minds and feel with their own hearts. Albert Einstein
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you!

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm

alisonb wrote:Looking slick, Slick :D


Thank you!
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Not much visible got done last weekend as the stone masons were on another job. The electrician/plumber/gas guy did show up tho. He got a good bit of wiring done and hung the LED lights and ceiling fan. Today just two of the stone masons have been here and they got the back splash and the its cap on. (They laughed at me as they could tell that I've cooked on the gas grill. Yes, it was chicken fajitas!) They finished and at 108F we talked in depth about the north counter. It will have a wood storage box, smoker firebox and the smoker. I think we got it figured out but they wanted to balk a little at the lowed counter top on that side. The wife wants that just to break the lines a little and you know, whatever makes her happy... :D

Image
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17228
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby greybeard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Which ceiling fan did you decide on?
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:49 pm

greybeard wrote:Which ceiling fan did you decide on?


Kensgrove 72"
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9861
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby slick4591 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm

I also bought this Port-A-Cool as the ceiling fan is pretty much worthless in this heat.
1 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11809
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Outdoor Kitchen

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Looking good.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!


Return to “Recipes and Cooking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests