Outdoor Kitchen

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow2":1x9ic3e6 said:
slick-this is so awesome. I'm watching in amazement. This is just perfect. Had some friends who once said if they ever remodeled their kitchen, they were putting in a slatted floor so all they had to do was hose it down once in awhile. That was before anyone ever thought about an outdoor kitchen.

Thank you. The flagstone is almost as good as slats as it will be sealed and can easily be cleaned with a hose.

TexasBred":1x9ic3e6 said:
GB we've been using one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap but they do a great job.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-de ... sect-trap/

Thanks for the suggestion, TB. I haven't seen that one before and it's certainly something we will want.

Score on the 65" TV cause we bought one today.

Plumbing/electrical/gas guy pulled in this morning about 8:30. First thing I noticed was he was limping quite a bit and wearing a house shoe on his right foot. I understood him enough to know he sliced his foot open on something and was told to stay off of it for three days by the hospital doctor. He limped around all day and got the sink, water heater and a couple of electrical outlets in place in the island. Says he'll be back tomorrow to finish hooking up the gas to the grill and hotplate, and then probably more electrical.

slick4591":1sdf38na said:
Plumbing/electrical/gas guy pulled in this morning about 8:30. First thing I noticed was he was limping quite a bit and wearing a house shoe on his right foot. I understood him enough to know he sliced his foot open on something and was told to stay off of it for three days by the hospital doctor. He limped around all day and got the sink, water heater and a couple of electrical outlets in place in the island. Says he'll be back tomorrow to finish hooking up the gas to the grill and hotplate, and then probably more electrical.

Mighty fine Slick. Mighty fine.

I've never built or had any one else build any concrete countertops on any of the jobs I've worked on. I've come close a couple of times but they elected to go with granite. Yours look good. I want to experiment with some but I don't want to do it on the customers dime without the experience. Maybe I should build me an outdoor kitchen so I can experiment on my own first :nod:

JMJ Farms":39qqstev said:

I've never built or had any one else build any concrete countertops on any of the jobs I've worked on. I've come close a couple of times but they elected to go with granite. Yours look good. I want to experiment with some but I don't want to do it on the customers dime without the experience. Maybe I should build me an outdoor kitchen so I can experiment on my own first :nod:

Thanks. The way I see it is you need to provide the absolute best knowledge and experience to your customers. To accomplish that might be by experimenting materials. I don't think it matters where that experiment takes place, but you certainly need to be armed with the best of both to accomplish that. I also believe those might be called "write-offs" in some circles, if I remember correctly.

slick4591":abt3yywp said:
JMJ Farms":abt3yywp said:

Thanks. The way I see it is you need to provide the absolute best knowledge and experience to your customers. To accomplish that might be by experimenting materials. I don't think it matters where that experiment takes place, but you certainly need to be armed with the best of both to accomplish that. I also believe those might be called "write-offs" in some circles, if I remember correctly.

Yep. I agree.

TexasBred":22l2pv1r said:
GB we've been using one of these for a couple of years. Not cheap but they do a great job.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-de ... sect-trap/

I may have to look into that one. We are using 1980s-1990s flowtron bug zappers--the old style with the hardware cloth surrounds. No plastic except bottom. Simple, bulletproof and last forever. The new zappers like Stinger are garbage, difficult to clean out and have a high voltage transformer that is a cheap piece of crap, circuit boards in them that are even a cheaper piece of Chinese crap & go out after about 3-6 months. The old flowtrons have a high voltage transformer to electrocute the bugs, and low voltage transformer for the light and 1 or 2 capacitors whose only function is to cut down on RF interference on AM radio.

Plumbing/electrical/gas guy has worked the last couple of days and we now have electricity in the island and that gives us hot water. He's been digging his way to the propane tank to get gas to the grill and hot plate. If all goes right they will be live tomorrow. He's also hung the ceiling fan and a few of the LED lights. Those are not hot today, but maybe he'll get them going tomorrow. Right now we are enjoying a late afternoon shower which is definitely needed here.

Not much visible got done last weekend as the stone masons were on another job. The electrician/plumber/gas guy did show up tho. He got a good bit of wiring done and hung the LED lights and ceiling fan. Today just two of the stone masons have been here and they got the back splash and the its cap on. (They laughed at me as they could tell that I've cooked on the gas grill. Yes, it was chicken fajitas!) They finished and at 108F we talked in depth about the north counter. It will have a wood storage box, smoker firebox and the smoker. I think we got it figured out but they wanted to balk a little at the lowed counter top on that side. The wife wants that just to break the lines a little and you know, whatever makes her happy... :D

slick4591":53mubo5h said:
I also bought this Port-A-Cool as the ceiling fan is pretty much worthless in this heat.
One of my friends has a super sized version of that. It's like sitting outside on a nice fall day, but the mist it sometimes blows out is kinda.............strange.

Those have a water flow adjustment on them and I have mine set to where it doesn't blow a mist. The water just barely trickles down the pad.

Got the corner turned today and now working on the wood storage box and the firebox for the smoker. Only the main stone guy worked today and said he'd be back tomorrow.

Latest posts