TexasBred

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I had a 100% ID sighting of a cougar. Ran right out in front of me on a fm road. Luckily, nowhere near our cows at that time, but was on the move. I've had one incident that may be cougar related, calf just vanished. Cow spent days looking for it. Anywho, I don't know how yall functioned without me too.....lol

Why is it so hard to believe there are cougars in wooded areas? Boggles my mind. We have sightings all the time. This last one was right in front of me, no mistaking at all....I'm just not fast enough with my phone or I would have gotten a picture.

Yep millions of hunters hit the deer woods in Texas every year. They can hit a possum at 200 yards but amazingly never able to even get at a shot at all the saber tooth tigers you have crawling around your neck of the woods.

Caustic Burno":34yppnfy said:
Yep millions of hunters hit the deer woods in Texas every year. They can hit a possum at 200 yards but amazingly never able to even get at a shot at all the saber tooth tigers you have crawling around your neck of the woods.
There aren't many hunters out here anymore. Most sit in stands pointed at feeders. We have one hunter that brings out his big RV and 50 yrds from that is his stand. Gets a 12 pointer every year. Has 600 acres leased and never gets out of that area which is right at the front gate. I'm out most daylight hours roaming all over and I've only seen them 3 times...Hard to see, but they are there. The 3 times I've seen them, they are crossing the road in front of me. THis last one, I would have loved to go in after him, but, one its a large predator and two i'd have to trespass....SO, even if I had a gun, I would not have been able to get it. Still haven't seen a bear. They are out here also, a few have had good pictures on their game cameras, but I have yet to see one.....

There aren't many black bears left in Texas, but the grizzly's and Kodiak's are getting out of control. Both need thinning out.

cowgirl8":2dbillsl said:
Caustic Burno":2dbillsl said:
There aren't many hunters out here anymore. Most sit in stands pointed at feeders. We have one hunter that brings out his big RV and 50 yrds from that is his stand. Gets a 12 pointer every year. Has 600 acres leased and never gets out of that area which is right at the front gate. I'm out most daylight hours roaming all over and I've only seen them 3 times...Hard to see, but they are there. The 3 times I've seen them, they are crossing the road in front of me. THis last one, I would have loved to go in after him, but, one its a large predator and two i'd have to trespass....SO, even if I had a gun, I would not have been able to get it. Still haven't seen a bear. They are out here also, a few have had good pictures on their game cameras, but I have yet to see one.....

That's richer than three feet up a bulls butt.

True Grit Farms":2849dt5f said:
A lot of folks have seen different things, the mind is a powerful tool.

I was fishing at my pond the other day, just walking around the bank casting and not watching were I was stepping.
I stepped on the biggest snake I ever saw in my life.
My heart skipped a beat I jumped and nearly tripped trying to get out of striking range.
After I composed myself I got a better look at the snake.
It was crooked tree limb that washed up after the rain.

Cross-7":19i3lcxq said:
True Grit Farms":19i3lcxq said:

I was fishing at my pond the other day, just walking around the bank casting and not watching were I was stepping.
My heart skipped a beat I jumped and nearly tripped trying to get out of striking range.
I've been saving some Alabama supplejack vines that I was going to paint to look like snakes but so far haven't gotten around to it. I'm not much of a painter but for someone that is, these vines could be painted to look very realistic.

ga.prime":1wo3ezul said:
Cross-7":1wo3ezul said:
True Grit Farms":1wo3ezul said:

I've been saving some Alabama supplejack vines that I was going to paint to look like snakes but so far haven't gotten around to it. I'm not much of a painter but for someone that is, these vines could be painted to look very realistic.

Please keep them on your side of the creek. I don't like snakes or sticks that look like snakes.

There was a mountain biker killed by a mountain lion over by Seattle this morning. Actually North Bend which is 15 miles or so East of Seattle. Maybe those Seattle voters need to legalize hound hunting for cats again.

Dave":7ge52bmp said:
There was a mountain biker killed by a mountain lion over by Seattle this morning. Actually North Bend which is 15 miles or so East of Seattle. Maybe those Seattle voters need to legalize hound hunting for cats again.
Dave, don't give her no fuel. Insert smiley face.

Dave":2e0tkbpn said:

Why? Bikers aren't an endangered species.

We have seen cougars rarely in central Minnesota. Pics on trail cam and even article and dead one in Alexandria paper

farmguy":1aif2r13 said:
We have seen cougars rarely in central Minnesota. Pics on trail cam and even article and dead one in Alexandria paper

But cowgirl's don't leave tracks. They're special. They sort of float along in the air.

TennesseeTuxedo":121zucab said:
Dave":121zucab said:

Why? Bikers aren't an endangered species.

Apparently bikers were endangered by North Bend today. Two bikers, one killed and the other in the hospital. You shouldn't run from a cougar. it looks like you can't out run them on a mountain bike either.

cowgirl8":2w4pkk39 said:
Why is it so hard to believe there are cougars in wooded areas? Boggles my mind. We have sightings all the time. This last one was right in front of me, no mistaking at all....I'm just not fast enough with my phone or I would have gotten a picture.

I don't know why there couldn't be. Even in "traditional" cougar range most people never see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts