Contest - 'Flowers'

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We have had Winds and Showers, now we need your photographs of Flowers
icon_biggrin.gif

The deadline for entries ends on 24 May 2018 @ 24h00, the voting poll will be held from 25 - 31 May. All entries to be submitted via personal message to alisonb. The winner will be announced on 1 June. If you wish to submit a 'landscape format' photograph instead of our usual 640x480 pix please feel free to do so.

May be one or 2 still blooming here, but spring is about done and early summer is upon us. It was 91F yesterday.

ga.prime":htl9ula3 said:
Looks like an offshore trolling rig you're fishing with.
icon_smile2.gif

Have you ever see those pictures of ordinary sized crocodiles, that look huge because of how close the camera is located to the croc in relation to everything else in the photo?
Just a medium duty shakespeare rod, about 20 years old..or more.
(the bass tho, was really small)

I'm working on it!.. I have to see what I have that's recent and what I have from years ago.. I have a lot of pictures.

Right now the hawthorns and false orange bushes are blooming... can smell them from a mile away, it's a nice smell but it's sooo strong it's just about too much to handle

I have lots, but, I cannot send you a pic in a private message, as the "post image" function is no longer there for me.

I'd be glad to e-mail you one.

slick4591":1736p8vc said:
Taken years ago and it popped up on FB this morning.

used to see lots of those or something very similar, along rr track row's. I haven't seen any in a very long time..

From Wikipedia-
"Passiflora, known also as the passion flowers or passion vines, is a genus of about 550 species of flowering plants, the type genus of the family Passifloraceae."

Maypops are just one of the 550 species of passion flower. They grow wild all over the place here. When I was a youngin we'd pick the maypops and throw at each other. They're about the same size as a chicken egg. They taste about the same as a green watermelon.