"heifer puts her head up" what does that mean?

The place to start if you are new!
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: "heifer puts her head up" what does that mean?

Postby greybeard » Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am

Brute 23 wrote:She aint that bad if you put a halter on her.

yep. High head, turn and go, maybe glare back once as they move off at that saucy 'screw u' trot?

The good thing about 'em is they're usually pretty good mommas & you usually can't get close enough to them for them to hurt you. Bad thing is they're usually pretty good mommas, often pass the high head trait down to daughters, you can't get close enough to them to get hurt and when they take off, they take 1/2 the rest of the group with them...
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 am

greybeard wrote:

yep. High head, turn and go, maybe glare back once as they move off at that saucy 'screw u' trot?

The good thing about 'em is they're usually pretty good mommas & you usually can't get close enough to them for them to hurt you. Bad thing is they're usually pretty good mommas, often pass the high head trait down to daughters, you can't get close enough to them to get hurt and when they take off, they take 1/2 the rest of the group with them...

I agree. A good majority of are cattle will not come to strangers. They will get high headed and snorty. I consider that a good thing. They know me and that's all that matters in my book.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 am

Brute 23 wrote:
greybeard wrote:

I agree. A good majority of are cattle will not come to strangers. They will get high headed and snorty. I consider that a good thing. They know me and that's all that matters in my book.

Exactly
Mine will follow the truck just fine. So I can catch them. You just have to leave the trailer down the road. You know what I mean.... their not wild, their smart.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 am

"They know me and that's all that matters in my book."

Kinda like the old dog adage.. If you think you're in charge, try ordering another man's dog around...
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am

greybeard wrote:"They know me and that's all that matters in my book."

Kinda like the old dog adage.. If you think you're in charge, try ordering another man's dog around...

I don't even try ordering her around. Lol
1 x

Return to “Beginners Board”