Got a good deal..

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Got a good deal..

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:48 am

ez14. wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Apparently my personal pigs get good mad scientist feed...it was a hit... Lol

1 part barley
2 parts fermented cherries
2 parts milk

Where did you get the cherries?

Made a Imperial cherry Gose at the brewery
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:19 am

I can tell they have growed even since the last picture. They are looking good. Those Yorkshires suppose to be leaner meat than other hog breeds as that is the kind I would want.

0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:46 pm

jltrent wrote:I can tell they have growed even since the last picture. They are looking good. Those Yorkshires suppose to be leaner meat than other hog breeds as that is the kind I would want.

The meat is a lil leaner and they do well I love a yorkshire. Yea they try to compete on out eating each other so they have no choice to grow :lol:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Not sure why but the old timers would give them a few chunks of coal. I'm thinking to worm them. They sure liked it. Chewed it up fast.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 pm

kenny thomas wrote:Not sure why but the old timers would give them a few chunks of coal. I'm thinking to worm them. They sure liked it. Chewed it up fast.

That is why ashes were fed to pigs as well.
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

The carbon in the coal will also help to neutralize their gut tract. Carbon is fed to many animals to help neutralize any toxins in their system. Have fed it to baby calves to help with digestion and such.
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 pm

farmerjan wrote:The carbon in the coal will also help to neutralize their gut tract. Carbon is fed to many animals to help neutralize any toxins in their system. Have fed it to baby calves to help with digestion and such.

Will it do the same in humans?
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm

I have been told that it can be used by humans. You need to find someone who is knowledgeable in homeopathic - natural -medicines and such. I Just don't know that much about it as far as a human use. But I have heard that if a person has swallowed or eaten some toxins, that charcoal will help to bind it so that it is not absorbed by the intestines. I am not well versed in it but have been trying to learn more about different types of "treatments" . If you think about it and have any knowledge of tropical fish, all the filters use a 2 stage type filter. There is a filter material (used to be fiberglass years ago but now is a man made fluffy material) that traps the physical matter, and charcoal/carbon that the water filters through to purify it before going back into the tank.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
farmerjan wrote:The carbon in the coal will also help to neutralize their gut tract. Carbon is fed to many animals to help neutralize any toxins in their system. Have fed it to baby calves to help with digestion and such.

Will it do the same in humans?

At one time several coal deep miners around here. I am sure they eat a lot of coal dust and it may have helped their gut, but it sure doesn't help their lungs when they breath the dust in.
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 pm

@JMJ you can google carbon use in livestock and find articles about the activated charcoal and how it will neutralize poison in the system.... I think I saw some in a paste form at TSC or our local feed store recently.
2 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 pm

There enjoying the 2":of rain

0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:00 am

0 x

Lazy M
GURU
GURU

Postby Lazy M » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:59 pm

We just got into the pig business too. Our youngest won the greased pig contest at our local fair.. they asked if he wanted a gift card or to keep the pig..
Guess what he chose.. :cboy:
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 am

Lazy M wrote:We just got into the pig business too. Our youngest won the greased pig contest at our local fair.. they asked if he wanted a gift card or to keep the pig..

Nice.. will the pig be a special guest at the table or a pet?
1 x

Lazy M
GURU
GURU

Postby Lazy M » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
Lazy M wrote:We just got into the pig business too. Our youngest won the greased pig contest at our local fair.. they asked if he wanted a gift card or to keep the pig..

Nice.. will the pig be a special guest at the table or a pet?

She's already been invited to a dinner in her honor in 5-6 months
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”