Got a good deal..

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2l0nt1i5 said:
I would think pigs are more work than cows? Especially if you do your own bacon and smoke - salt hams.

Raising them there not alot of work.. just like hunting once you pull that trigger the work begins. I don't mind the processing and making hams and bacon but yeah that's some work. The taste though makes it worth it.

skyhightree1":16kbouc1 said:
backhoeboogie":16kbouc1 said:
I've been buying bacon every week. They are very proud of their bacon. Even the off brands.

You got a very good deal.

how much would you sell your bacon for?

skyhightree1":b4v00fqh said:
True Grit Farms":b4v00fqh said:
I would think pigs are more work than cows? Especially if you do your own bacon and smoke - salt hams.

Raising them there not alot of work.. just like hunting once you pull that trigger the work begins. I don't mind the processing and making hams and bacon but yeah that's some work. The taste though makes it worth it.
The wild hogs that I caught and held till I had a trailer load to bring to NC and TN, were alot of work. They needed feeding and to be watered daily.

True Grit Farms":61doaf0f said:
skyhightree1":61doaf0f said:
True Grit Farms":61doaf0f said:

The wild hogs that I caught and held till I had a trailer load to bring to NC and TN, were alot of work. They needed feeding and to be watered daily.

You aren't set up for hogs which is why it worked you lol

mwj":3prtumn8 said:
Sky you should be buying those low priced fats and re selling them.

I do but not many .. My biggest customer base wants to have roaster pigs. I buy old fat sows starting now for people who want to make sausage.

Interesting thread. With pigs on that barn, they seem to enjoy the environment. All they need are foods and water and they're good to grow. Good luck in taking good care of them.

True Grit Farms":1azl6p2e said:
skyhightree1":1azl6p2e said:
True Grit Farms":1azl6p2e said:

You can transport feral hogs across state lines??

Latest posts