trump and kim jong

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

trump and kim jong

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 pm

pretty shocked the meeting took place...
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: trump and kim jong

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Could very well be Trump's legacy. Like Nixon opening the door to China. If Obama had even hinted that he might meet with Kim, he would have been lynched.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Could very well be Trump's legacy. Like Nixon opening the door to China. If Obama had even hinted that he might meet with Kim, he would have been lynched.

Before or after the Iran deal? Mickie Mouse has more business sense than that a community organizer.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Could very well be Trump's legacy. Like Nixon opening the door to China. If Obama had even hinted that he might meet with Kim, he would have been lynched.

Hopefully that is still available after his trial for treason.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 pm

M-5 wrote:

Hopefully that is still available after his trial for treason.

^^^^^ what he said.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 pm

I here the sound of a lock snapping shut.
2 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Keep your friends close...keep your enemies closer.
4 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 am

The security and policing the planet bother me. A terrorist plot might be in the making now just to jerk our chain.

Investor confidence will likely increase. It should be good for the economy.

From a business sense, it makes sense. Which is what gets people elected. We seem to vote with our pocketbooks frequently. We are still on the mend and the bleeding has stopped.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Fieldhand
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Fieldhand » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:pretty shocked the meeting took place...

Why? It's the first public one, but actually the second. With NK sitting on the Chinese border, do you really think that China would not also be involved in negotiations?

The deal was done in November:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomac ... idden-city

All following has been for show.

Now watch Iran....
0 x

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Not sure I follow Ron. Could you elaborate?
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 pm

melking wrote:

The right would have cast the prospect of Obama meeting with Kim as a weakness. Just a fact of life in today's political environment.
0 x
Diogenes.

Fieldhand
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Fieldhand » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
melking wrote:

The right would have cast the prospect of Obama meeting with Kim as a weakness. Just a fact of life in today's political environment.

Denuclearization is not right or left. It is populist- the under represented middle.

North Korea did not denuclearize on it's own. It had help.

http://www.businessinsider.com/air-forc ... rce-2017-9

"The 107-country Outer Space Treaty signed in 1967 prohibits nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons from being placed in or used from Earth's orbit. What they didn't count on was the US Air Force's most simple weapon ever: a tungsten rod that could hit a city with the explosive power of an intercontinental ballistic missile."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-2 ... se/8978286

The earthquake, which South Korea put at magnitude 3.0, was detected in Kilju county in North Hamgyong Province, where North Korea's known Punggyeri nuclear site is located, the official said.

But the US Geological Survey said it could not conclusively confirm whether the quake, which it measured at magnitude-3.5, was manmade or natural.

"The depth is poorly constrained and has been held to 5 kilometres by the seismologist," USGS said.

More importantly, how did a starving 3rd world nation obtain nuclear capability?
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
melking wrote:

I seem to remember a bunch of democrats lynching Obama over the Iran deal.
But yet when Trump reversed the Iran deal, those same one's lynched him.
Now they are trying to lynch him for a meeting with Kim, and they don't even know anything about it yet.

Seems the right isn't the only guilty party, but I guess for some it's hard to see the forest, for all the trees.
Last edited by sim.-ang.king on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I say we give both guy's a break and hope for the best. Nothing else has worked or made any sense to me. Either you bomb the heck out of them or try diplomacy. You definitely don't send money or make threats.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
melking wrote:

I seem to remember a bunch of democrats lynching Obama over the Iran deal.
But yet when Trump reversed the Iran deal, those same one's lynched him.
Now they are trying to lynch him for a meeting with Kim, and they don't even know anything about it yet.

Seems the right isn't the only quality party, but I guess for some it's hard to see the forest, for all the trees.

I see clearly. What I see is: Useless Rhetoric coming from everywhere. It is just unproductive nonsense. I confess, the Left is just as guilty as the right.
4 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Coffee Shop”