WTH

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":3b9i7h1e said:
Workinonit Farm":3b9i7h1e said:
Bright Raven":3b9i7h1e said:
No. It does not matter. 90 % of all the content on this forum does not matter. It's fundamentally a place for old men like me to waste their time. Therefore, you are in the same boat as the rest of us. :cboy:

And this is why so many have left.

When I have the opportunity to ask cattle folks that have high level operations if they visit Cattle Today. They say NO. Some never heard of it. The ones that have seem to be hesitant to risk their reputation by posting.
. On that note,I've wondered why some of the seed stock producers that have been on here. talk too folks like field hands..and then advertise for your business..good ones like Gizmo,Danny Miller..and a few others..that know how to treat you, and make a person look foward to doing business with them...... And one person you make mad or turn off,will take a a lot of folks away from you """ one tells two people. they tell 4 people,etc ...the Good or bad..

ALACOWMAN":pent7spw said:
On that note, I've wondered why some of the seed stock producers that have been on here. talk too folks like field hands..and then advertise for your business...

I have not seen that occurrence so I cannot speak to that. I agree with you on Gizmom and Mr. Miller. I have seen Gizmom post pictures of bulls and there was at least one instance where she showed some frustration, but she handled it well.

You have been here a long time and you know cattle - you have seen some of the banter over breeds, structure, etc. A producer especially a large multiparty enterprise is not going to present their product in a venue where there is no control or accountability. For example, a seedstock producer posts a picture of his product - damaging comments are a risk for several reasons:

1. Lack of knowledge. A producer is in "a no win" situation when inaccurate comments or criticisms of his operation or cattle are posted by Users who lack knowledge. You have heard "the customer is always right". They cannot risk getting into a debate with a User on a public forum.
2. Just to be dramatic, amusing or intentionally damaging. Again, you have been here a long time and you have a wealth of knowledge on cattle. I am sure you have seen Users criticizing cattle just to be annoying.
3. Emotions. We all see how these threads go. Look at this one. Users get upset and all heII breaks loose. A producer that has a multilayered business cannot afford to get into the banter of a forum debacle.

You get the idea. No company in any business wants to subject their product to the whims of the public.

The problem with this forum is the few who like to control it. Sure there is some good information, but lots and lots of basic repeated garbage that some do that have never experienced it. Take for instance the pulling argument. I don't believe that most of these posters have ever pulled enough calves to even understand how it works. I'm getting arguments that you cant restrain a cow good enough in a chute to pull a calf....OMG, what kind of retards are posting in this forum..Yes, it ticks me off because this is what they are arguing..in a cattle forum...SMH...………...SMH

Bright Raven":1vch1lmh said:
ALACOWMAN":1vch1lmh said:
On that note, I've wondered why some of the seed stock producers that have been on here. talk too folks like field hands..and then advertise for your business...

I have not seen that occurrence so I cannot speak to that. I agree with you on Gizmom and Mr. Miller. I have seen Gizmom post pictures of bulls and there was at least one instance where she showed some frustration, but she handled it well.

You have been here a long time and you know cattle - you have seen some of the banter over breeds, structure, etc. A producer especially a large multiparty enterprise is not going to present their product in a venue where there is no control or accountability. For example, a seedstock producer posts a picture of his product - damaging comments are a risk for several reasons:

1. Lack of knowledge. A producer is in "a no win" situation when inaccurate comments or criticisms of his operation or cattle are posted by Users who lack knowledge. You have heard "the customer is always right". They cannot risk getting into a debate with a User on a public forum.
2. Just to be dramatic, amusing or intentionally damaging. Again, you have been here a long time and you have a wealth of knowledge on cattle. I am sure you have seen Users criticizing cattle just to be annoying.
3. Emotions. We all see how these threads go. Look at this one. Users get upset and all heII breaks loose. A producer that has a multilayered business cannot afford to get into the banter of a forum debacle.

You get the idea. No company in any business wants to subject their product to the whims of the public.
How they handle it means a lot.. I've seen the good ones get out of those threads when they go south...posting pictures is another deal.if a animal has faults that are seen on here. And the poster didn't. or barn blind to it faults... All the better to learn here then find out the hard way,in the real world...

ALACOWMAN":2kpbc2wo said:
Bright Raven":2kpbc2wo said:
ALACOWMAN":2kpbc2wo said:

How they handle it means a lot.. I've seen the good ones get out of those threads when they go south...posting pictures is another deal.if a animal has faults that are seen on here. And the poster didn't. or barn blind to it faults... All the better to learn here then find out the hard way,in the real world...

I think one way some handle it - just read and don't post!

I had an afterthought. Those operations are busy. Many just dont have the time.

Another point. Most semen companies are cooperatives but still have a business model. Can you just imagine the risk of them getting into these goofy debates over stud bulls?

Regarding the pictures. Most of the time I see honest sincere criticisms. The ones that some producers would be concerned about are those that are not productive, misguided or whatever.

cowgirl8":2t9qjqxe said:
The problem with this forum is the few who like to control it. Sure there is some good information, but lots and lots of basic repeated garbage that some do that have never experienced it. Take for instance the pulling argument. I don't believe that most of these posters have ever pulled enough calves to even understand how it works. I'm getting arguments that you cant restrain a cow good enough in a chute to pull a calf....OMG, what kind of retards are posting in this forum..Yes, it ticks me off because this is what they are arguing..in a cattle forum...SMH...………...SMH

There are good people here. And there are people who have driven off good people. As far as information goes, you can find about anything you need to know, if you search for it. You can also find plenty of other advice too.

Lots of great ones have passed on.

Son of Butch":2evs94hw said:
Bright Raven":2evs94hw said:
True Grit Farms":2evs94hw said:
She said it was a 9mm bullet. And common sense says, without removing the bullet there would be no way to know that.

I assumed she had removed it but there is the possibility that she was guessing what calibre it was. Maybe she knows the guy who was shooting, uses a 9 mm. It is always best to not mess with a potential evidential scene. I assume the guy might be in for a charge of public endangerment.
Common sense dictates first call to sheriff to determine what really happened (stray shot from other neighbor cougar hunting) not to Mom (who is the other neighbor and potential suspect) to have her then go online and speculate.
But the assumption of common sense when dealing with Texans may leave you skating on very thin ice.

Please don't judge all Texans by what you've seen of one or two, unless you'd like us to do the same regarding Yankees.

Unlike a lot of parents of adults I expect my grown kids to take care of business. My daughter and sil took care of business. I stay out of it until I am needed for which I wasn't. So there you go. I take pride that my grown kids are adults in every way.

Dogs and Cows":20olaiye said:
OK...I didn't read the whole thing...but your SIL said bullets were coming through the trees and a neighbor said bullets were flying all around when they were fishing...and nobody thought to take care of the situation...all I can say is if it had been me...be nice would have been sorted out!! Hope you get the situation taken care of...

It don't really matter, the entire story was made up anyway.

M-5":2gc3f255 said:
alisonb":2gc3f255 said:
Y'all may just as well have discussed 'dung', probably would have been more productive :lol:
If I screen shot this thread will it qualify as the pic for the bull shyt photo this month?????????

CT should absolutely run an AZZHOLE of the month poll.

cowgirl8":292x72kb said:
kenny thomas":292x72kb said:
greybeard":292x72kb said:
Rent-to-own those kind of buildings is a big business around here. No $ down,they deliver and set it up and you just start paying your monthly $$$. I see them type businesses all over the place on empty corner lots..
Same here, mine had been repoed 2 times before I got it but had never been used. I got a good deal on it compared to new. Mine is 12x32 and has 3 rooms now.
Their facility is 3 mikes from me and they build 20 buildings a week and they need to expand. Young guys working there make from 60k to 70k a year working 5 days a week.
One of the weekend people had a 'tiny' house made by the menonites brought out.. Its nice, but unfinished. He plans to finish it, which i think is a big mistake because he's never out there. Now every time he comes out he's got to work and he's going to find out that when you dont have that little thing you need to finish a job or even start a job, its a very long drive to get it. And when you go to get it, you'll get back and find out you needed something else, or got the wrong thing....Not to mention that if he leaves anything in it when he isn't there, someones going to take it. Its a scenario that plays out over and over in these weekend plots..
THis guy bought 40 acres and its basically a square. It borders our land on the back side. I have a 80 acre pasture behind there, I call pasture 4, that I rotate cows in and I cross to get to other pastures. There is a gate on the side where our places join and he has a fire lane along his side. He's chosen this fire lane to shoot his guns, since his place is covered in pines. This fire lane points at one of my gates. So, now when I know he's there, I enter from pasture 2 and come in from behind him if he's there shooting. We've told him that there is a gate in that direction, but every time he's there, he's got a bucket set up for a target... Its a dangerous place out here...
Amazingly this played itself out. Saw this one guy with the unfinished cabin..Said he brought everything he needed to do some wiring, but didn't have everything and ran to Paris to get what was needed..Got back and one of the things was wrong and he forgot another thing.. Said, this might be a problem out there, he'll never get anything done.. Then, his wife post pictures on FB of them shooting guns... And from the pictures, they are shooting North.. ugh....

Latest posts