Go home dog

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Kjfred
Cowhand
Cowhand

Go home dog

Postby Kjfred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 am

Neighbors were gone for a week, our dog was in heat so you can guess where their blue tick took up residence. I don't mind a dog visiting now and then, dogs will be dogs after all, but he seems to like it better here even after they returned. Have lit him up with the shock collar when we catch him coming back down the driveway and hauled him back quite a few times now and it seems to make him stay away a little longer. Gonna try a bunch of shooting this afternoon as they say he is gun shy. Any other good ideas to make him dislike our place?
Neighbors are about the best kind of folks you could ask for in a neighbor and are on board with about anything.
0 x
No matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Re: Go home dog

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am

If they are on board for anything, I'd suggest neutering and a good fence.
3 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 am

If you got a shock collar on him and you have the controller, that should be the way to go.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:19 am

Take your dog to the neighbors and he'll stay there. :lol2:
1 x

Kjfred
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Kjfred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:38 am

jehosofat wrote:Take your dog to the neighbors and he'll stay there. :lol2:

The thought crossed my mind.
As far as the fence goes we suggested a few times the underground or wireless fence. Sounds like their best bet. Dog seems to find a way out of kennels
0 x
No matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Kjfred wrote:Neighbors were gone for a week, our dog was in heat so you can guess where their blue tick took up residence. I don't mind a dog visiting now and then, dogs will be dogs after all, but he seems to like it better here even after they returned. Have lit him up with the shock collar when we catch him coming back down the driveway and hauled him back quite a few times now and it seems to make him stay away a little longer. Gonna try a bunch of shooting this afternoon as they say he is gun shy. Any other good ideas to make him dislike our place?
Neighbors are about the best kind of folks you could ask for in a neighbor and are on board with about anything.

What kind of shock collar do you have because mine after about 2 times they seem to stop the bad habit. You have your shock collar on their dog?
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Kjfred
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Kjfred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Their collar. It lights him up. He just doesn't know what to do it seems. Usually just lays down under my truck when I get after him. Then I take him home. Not sure how to make him understand what he is doing wrong, best I can figure is to make his stay unpleasant.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 pm

A big stick, or some rock salt can fix a lot of bad habits.
0 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Kjfred wrote:Their collar. It lights him up. He just doesn't know what to do it seems. Usually just lays down under my truck when I get after him. Then I take him home. Not sure how to make him understand what he is doing wrong, best I can figure is to make his stay unpleasant.

If you turn the collar all the way up and HOLD the button on the controller all the way down until it stops shocking, then repeat, then repeat, then repeat.... I promise you, he WILL figure out what to do. Some are slow learners.
3 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Nothing will work if he's after a dog in heat. He'll breed her through a chain link fence. I thought that was common knowledge.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:31 pm

ga.prime wrote:Nothing will work if he's after a dog in heat. He'll breed her through a chain link fence. I thought that was common knowledge.

If you adjust the tri-tronics right and let him ride the lightning he won’t be able ‘to perform’ even if he wants to. The one I’ve got will make him shyt on himself. Ever seen the green mile? If you was riding the lightning it wouldn’t matter if Marilyn Monroe was standing there waiting :hide: :lol2:
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Kjfred
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Kjfred » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:08 pm

ga.prime wrote:Nothing will work if he's after a dog in heat. He'll breed her through a chain link fence. I thought that was common knowledge.

We didn't even try to make him stay home while she was in heat. Just kept em apart.
1 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Kjfred wrote:

We didn't even try to make him stay home while she was in heat. Just kept em apart.

Ok, I think I got you now. The dog started coming around because your dog was in heat. Now your dog is not in heat and the dog still wants to hang around. In that case, I'd use some loud language and throw things at him. :D
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 pm

I know of a blue healer that kept coming to visit some ones female and the people were gone out of town for a month so they could not keep him home. So this person that own the female, not saying who it was, just went out there one day and put one of them little green calf bands on him and the visits stopped and he lived to be and old dog that like to just lay around on the porch and not roam around.
Just saying it worked.
2 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:53 am

Good luck. That's strong medicine you up against. Many of men have taken far more abuse than that...
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”