What a cluster ****

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry bud, that sucks , maybe you can get someone to dart her , or maybe she'll find a home and a herd and stay put and you can sell her to the owner . We have one like that , we bought her rather than try to get her up, and she is content . I will never pay for something not in my possession , maybe a deposit , but not the full amount , been burned .

i'd pull up to his gate and load another cow in my trailer.

Jogeephus":3rt4w704 said:
Dogs and Cows":3rt4w704 said:
.but he talked me into purchasing 3 from him that he said were just what I needed for my program.

I think what he was actually saying is it wasn't the cows but the education you needed. Don't feel bad. About the same thing happened to me when I dealt with a purebred breeder, he showed me some nice fat big framed Angus heifers in a field and I agreed on buying about half of them only to have some young heifers show up. Learned a valuable lesson as I'm sure you have too.

Edit - I also had helped this guy out on numerous occasions but he won't see a drop of sweat from me ever again.
Easy way to get a excellent education......tuition is a bit high usually. :nod:

Many years ago I had an older guy ( I was in my 20s) in the community decide he was going to buy a group of cows (25 or so) I had on a rented place. I really didn't want to sell them but he was persistent for weeks, stopping every time he saw me in the pasture telling me how much he wanted them and finally threw out a number that was a little over the market.
I accepted and told him the purchase was in the lot. Once they were corralled I would be paid and the cattle were his. He agreed and the transaction took place. Couple of the cows were brimmer mix and high headed. I told him as much before he bought them even though it was obvious looking at them. He had been in the pasture several times with and without me.
Well, when he and his helpers were loading out (the guy himself holding the gate) he didn't have it completely closed. Those two girls saw enough daylight at that gate and busted through it.
Later found them in a herd two places over and that guy eventually bought them.
Long story short he wanted me to buy back the two he let out, I refused since I saw exactly what happened and wasn't sure he didn't let them get out on purpose.
He told all around the community how I had beat him on the deal. Charged him to much for the cattle even though he made the offer, wouldn't give his money back on the two that he let get out.
To every one that would listen I was just a bad guy but I still don't think I did anything wrong.
From his point of view it was a cluster ****.
Doesn't have anything to do with OPs situation but does show that many things have two sides.

Long story short he wanted me to buy back the two he let out, I refused since I saw exactly what happened and wasn't sure he didn't let them get out on purpose.

Well, I dunno. I probably couldn't have double dipped on those 2 unless it was a long time between the 2 'sales' and maybe not even then but you did tell him 'once they were corralled'.

Why didn't the original guy just go over to where those 2 were and pick 'em up?
He musta not wanted 'em too bad.

OleScout":18kqb473 said:
Many years ago I had an older guy ( I was in my 20s) in the community decide he was going to buy a group of cows (25 or so) I had on a rented place. I really didn't want to sell them but he was persistent for weeks, stopping every time he saw me in the pasture telling me how much he wanted them and finally threw out a number that was a little over the market.
I accepted and told him the purchase was in the lot. Once they were corralled I would be paid and the cattle were his. He agreed and the transaction took place. Couple of the cows were brimmer mix and high headed. I told him as much before he bought them even though it was obvious looking at them. He had been in the pasture several times with and without me.
Well, when he and his helpers were loading out (the guy himself holding the gate) he didn't have it completely closed. Those two girls saw enough daylight at that gate and busted through it.
He told all around the community how I had beat him on the deal. Charged him to much for the cattle even though he made the offer, wouldn't give his money back on the two that he let get out.
To every one that would listen I was just a bad guy but I still don't think I did anything wrong.
From his point of view it was a cluster ****.
Doesn't have anything to do with OPs situation but does show that many things have two sides.
one thing I wouldn't do is complain to folks someone overcharged me in a deal like that.even if you priced em..makes me look stupid, like someone held a gun to my head..

OleScout":1ie85055 said:
Guy with the two in his herd paid original guy. I had no interest in them after he paid me for the bunch.
Ahh. Sorry. I misunderstood just who ended who finally buying the 2 high heads.

Stocker Steve":2x58uo6p said:
OleScout":2x58uo6p said:
Guy with the two in his herd paid original guy. I had no interest in them after he paid me for the bunch.

Another reason to run brimmers -- you don't need to trailer them!
if I could get em directed to the stockyard. I'd could just meet em There, to sign the ticket..