What a cluster ****

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15403
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:30 pm

OleScout wrote:Many years ago I had an older guy ( I was in my 20s) in the community decide he was going to buy a group of cows (25 or so) I had on a rented place. I really didn't want to sell them but he was persistent for weeks, stopping every time he saw me in the pasture telling me how much he wanted them and finally threw out a number that was a little over the market.
I accepted and told him the purchase was in the lot. Once they were corralled I would be paid and the cattle were his. He agreed and the transaction took place. Couple of the cows were brimmer mix and high headed. I told him as much before he bought them even though it was obvious looking at them. He had been in the pasture several times with and without me.
Well, when he and his helpers were loading out (the guy himself holding the gate) he didn't have it completely closed. Those two girls saw enough daylight at that gate and busted through it.
Later found them in a herd two places over and that guy eventually bought them.
Long story short he wanted me to buy back the two he let out, I refused since I saw exactly what happened and wasn't sure he didn't let them get out on purpose.
He told all around the community how I had beat him on the deal. Charged him to much for the cattle even though he made the offer, wouldn't give his money back on the two that he let get out.
To every one that would listen I was just a bad guy but I still don't think I did anything wrong.
From his point of view it was a cluster ****.
Doesn't have anything to do with OPs situation but does show that many things have two sides.
one thing I wouldn't do is complain to folks someone overcharged me in a deal like that.even if you priced em..makes me look stupid, like someone held a gun to my head..
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8025
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

TCRanch wrote:is it possible there's something else going on with this man, specifically a health issue like dementia?
He is a breeder of registered BA stock so you have to make allowances.
Last edited by Stocker Steve on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Stocker Steve

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8025
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby Stocker Steve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm

OleScout wrote:Guy with the two in his herd paid original guy. I had no interest in them after he paid me for the bunch.


Another reason to run brimmers -- you don't need to trailer them!
0 x
Stocker Steve

User avatar
Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Granville County NC

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby Dogs and Cows » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm

OleScout wrote:Many years ago I had an older guy ( I was in my 20s) in the community decide he was going to buy a group of cows (25 or so) I had on a rented place. I really didn't want to sell them but he was persistent for weeks, stopping every time he saw me in the pasture telling me how much he wanted them and finally threw out a number that was a little over the market.
I accepted and told him the purchase was in the lot. Once they were corralled I would be paid and the cattle were his. He agreed and the transaction took place. Couple of the cows were brimmer mix and high headed. I told him as much before he bought them even though it was obvious looking at them. He had been in the pasture several times with and without me.
Well, when he and his helpers were loading out (the guy himself holding the gate) he didn't have it completely closed. Those two girls saw enough daylight at that gate and busted through it.
Later found them in a herd two places over and that guy eventually bought them.
Long story short he wanted me to buy back the two he let out, I refused since I saw exactly what happened and wasn't sure he didn't let them get out on purpose.
He told all around the community how I had beat him on the deal. Charged him to much for the cattle even though he made the offer, wouldn't give his money back on the two that he let get out.
To every one that would listen I was just a bad guy but I still don't think I did anything wrong.
From his point of view it was a cluster ****.
Doesn't have anything to do with OPs situation but does show that many things have two sides.


I can appreciate your situation, but mine is totally different. And I will not go around town talking the guy down, I really don't roll that way. However, I won't be surprised if my name is thrown around some...but I could care less. My situation is exactly as I have described it, no embellishment at all. :D
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16705
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby greybeard » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 pm

OleScout wrote:Guy with the two in his herd paid original guy. I had no interest in them after he paid me for the bunch.

Ahh. Sorry. I misunderstood just who ended who finally buying the 2 high heads.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15403
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
TCRanch wrote:is it possible there's something else going on with this man, specifically a health issue like dementia?
He is a breeder of registered BA stock so you have to make allowances.

You saying dementia is the least of his problems :cowboy:
2 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15403
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
OleScout wrote:Guy with the two in his herd paid original guy. I had no interest in them after he paid me for the bunch.


Another reason to run brimmers -- you don't need to trailer them!
if I could get em directed to the stockyard. I'd could just meet em There, to sign the ticket..
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3034
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: What a cluster ****

Postby TCRanch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
TCRanch wrote:is it possible there's something else going on with this man, specifically a health issue like dementia?
He is a breeder of registered BA stock so you have to make allowances.

:shock: :lol:
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests