B.S. or Fact

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":9aanpfjv said:
1982vett":9aanpfjv said:
TexasBred":9aanpfjv said:
Looks like corn prices down here are up considerably over the past few years. Farmers that have a good corn crop should make money....and don't forget that good ol' crop insurance. Saw some fields the other day that had just been cut adn they all had that four rows in the middle of the field that belong to the insurance man. :banana:
I saw some covered piles of chopped corn near Hillsboro a few weeks ago. Also hear nitrates are exceptionally high.
Haven't seen it this year but they've been cutting a huge percentage of the corn over in that area for silage the last 10 years or more. Ensiling process will reduce any nitrates considerably so hopefully won't be a problem. What little corn I've seen down around Waco looked pretty pitiful.

Yup. I was just up there and it was bad.

M-5":24as60l8 said:
Those big time farmers are collecting hundreds of thousands off of government programs. No different than an unemployed mother with 6 kids sucking the government teat.

All too often this is the truth.

they are saying record yields and the best crop ever seen here in the midwest.

it does look very good.

Brute 23":19pbfiae said:
I feel bad because these farmers were convinced to leverage their land for cash to run their business by the banks. All it did was prolong the inevitable and cost them their land.
Betcha the farmer went to the banker, not the other way around.

TexasBred":1hn1p5jq said:
Brute 23":1hn1p5jq said:
I feel bad because these farmers were convinced to leverage their land for cash to run their business by the banks. All it did was prolong the inevitable and cost them their land.
Should a bar tender give you a drink as long as you keep asking for them?

TexasBred":1nyu1l00 said:
Brute 23":1nyu1l00 said:

Careful. That is not something to wager on.

They keep calling me to come meet their new officer. I have met the guy twice already. He must not remember me.

Brute 23":wkc1sz3z said:
TexasBred":wkc1sz3z said:
Brute 23":wkc1sz3z said:
Should a bar tender give you a drink as long as you keep asking for them?
Apparently the farmer qualified. Banks don't have a reputation for making bad loans on purpose and I know you don't believe it but they really hope you pay it in full.

backhoeboogie":3v4tuwpe said:
TexasBred":3v4tuwpe said:
Brute 23":3v4tuwpe said:

Careful. That is not something to wager on.

They keep calling me to come meet their new officer. I have met the guy twice already. He must not remember me.
Backhole that's about the 10th time you've told us that . :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":9suue8rf said:
Okra is $42/bushel.
Probably gonna get higher. Nobody wants to cut it. I thought about planting about 5 acres next year. I'm not sure I can keep up with it. What do you think?

TexasBred":2udm00d8 said:
Jogeephus":2udm00d8 said:
Okra is $42/bushel.

Guy said he paid $36 for a bushel of peas the other day.
Red clover is $58/bu, Alfalfa is $85/bu.
Maybe it's time for these poor row-croppers to get into the small grains market. Old timers use to grow lots of seed clover,
and harvest it with a JD30 pull-type. Plus all that free nitrogen you get!

sim.-ang.king":3pocaxcb said:
TexasBred":3pocaxcb said:
Jogeephus":3pocaxcb said:
Okra is $42/bushel.

Guy said he paid $36 for a bushel of peas the other day.
Red clover is $58/bu, Alfalfa is $85/bu.
Maybe it's time for these poor row-croppers to get into the small grains market. Old timers use to grow lots of seed clover, and harvest it with a JD30 pull-type. Plus all that free nitrogen you get!

I hear you king! Problem is the seed company is charging $85/bu. They probably want to pay the grower about $3.50/bu :lol2:

Latest posts