Hunting/fishing Idaho

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Hunting/fishing Idaho

Postby 5S Cattle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 pm

My buddy is trying to talk me into goin with him to Idaho in October and going hunting for muley/whitetail and then trout fishing. Says there’s over the counter tags. Anyone from there or that has been that can give advice would be appreciated.
0 x

hdrockn
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Hunting/fishing Idaho

Postby hdrockn » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:29 am

What kind of advice....used to live there and hunted deer, elk, antelope and moose. Gorgeous country. Out of state license is pretty steep.
0 x

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 am

hdrockn wrote:What kind of advice....used to live there and hunted deer, elk, antelope and moose. Gorgeous country. Out of state license is pretty steep.

Any advice, units ect. Deer tag and 5 days of trout fishing he said was $450. I haven’t done any of my own research yet though. How much is the license?
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 am

Here you go! One of these days I'm going to learn to fly fish b/c it's so beautiful up here.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/licenses/fees-no ... nt#license
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Here you go! One of these days I'm going to learn to fly fish b/c it's so beautiful up here.

Oh wow that ain’t bad at all. And the way I read it is, if we don’t get a deer we can shoot a bear?
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

5S Cattle wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:Here you go! One of these days I'm going to learn to fly fish b/c it's so beautiful up here.

Oh wow that ain’t bad at all. And the way I read it is, if we don’t get a deer we can shoot a bear?

Or a mountain lion......
Deer - Adult
Valid to take a black bear or mountain lion, if a season is open for that species, instead of a deer where and when the deer tag is valid, and there is an open deer season in that same unit.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Jake
GURU
GURU

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am

greybeard wrote:
5S Cattle wrote:

Or a mountain lion......
Deer - Adult
Valid to take a black bear or mountain lion, if a season is open for that species, instead of a deer where and when the deer tag is valid, and there is an open deer season in that same unit.

We hunt Idaho for elk. I've been told to not shoot fall bear as they dont' eat as well as spring bear.

OTC tags are plentiful and so are hunters in those units. Get a good pack and get back off the roads and you'll have plenty of luck.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”