05 Chevy Duramax

Help Support CattleToday:

elkwc":1qk5xtup said:
cfpinz":1qk5xtup said:
Why are you stuck on the Cannonball bed?

For a few reasons. First we have two hydrabeds. IMO the Dew Eze isn't that much different than them and don't offer anymore useage options. The Cannoball offers some options I feel will be beneficial to us. I will be 66 in Jan and she will be 76 in March. So we try to work smarter not harder. The dump bed is very handy. We have some old bales that need to be fed. I can load them with the tractor and dump them when I get to the pasture and don't have to use a fork to get them off. The dump bed is handy for many uses. Whether you are hauling dirt to put around a tank or shingles off that have been removed from a building. Then the individual controls on the arms are nice. And in the opinion of many I've talked too they are as well built as any bed on the market. To me it would be like asking a farmer why he has 3 size of tractors. Each are used for a different task or can do a certain task better than the others. I just feel I'm going to invest in one I would like to deverify some. And Cannonball is cheaper than a Dew Eze.

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it. I've never owned a Cannonball, just DewEze and Hydrabeds. I know they really sell the dump feature, just not sure how useful it would be compared to an actual dump truck or a dump trailer. To haul any volume of loose material you'd need some sort of sides and rear gate. Just not sure how feasible it'd be to fabricate such.

cfpinz":g3ospggm said:
elkwc":g3ospggm said:
cfpinz":g3ospggm said:
Why are you stuck on the Cannonball bed?

For a few reasons. First we have two hydrabeds. IMO the Dew Eze isn't that much different than them and don't offer anymore useage options. The Cannoball offers some options I feel will be beneficial to us. I will be 66 in Jan and she will be 76 in March. So we try to work smarter not harder. The dump bed is very handy. We have some old bales that need to be fed. I can load them with the tractor and dump them when I get to the pasture and don't have to use a fork to get them off. The dump bed is handy for many uses. Whether you are hauling dirt to put around a tank or shingles off that have been removed from a building. Then the individual controls on the arms are nice. And in the opinion of many I've talked too they are as well built as any bed on the market. To me it would be like asking a farmer why he has 3 size of tractors. Each are used for a different task or can do a certain task better than the others. I just feel I'm going to invest in one I would like to deverify some. And Cannonball is cheaper than a Dew Eze.

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it. I've never owned a Cannonball, just DewEze and Hydrabeds. I know they really sell the dump feature, just not sure how useful it would be compared to an actual dump truck or a dump trailer. To haul any volume of loose material you'd need some sort of sides and rear gate. Just not sure how feasible it'd be to fabricate such.

I have several friends with Canninball beds. Two of them had Dew Ezevbeds before and say they will never own anything but a Cannonball. One of them have made side and end boards for his. He uses his all the time.

elkwc":jszyjyt6 said:
I have several friends with Canninball beds. Two of them had Dew Eze beds before and say they will never own anything but a Cannonball. One of them have made side and end boards for his. He uses his all the time.

One of the local dealers was installing the Cannonball beds for folks using the DewEze engine driven hydraulics kits, he happened to be a dealer for both at the time.

I'm planning to buy another bale bed here in the next few months, that's why I've been asking so many questions. I have one DewEze now and it's no match for the Hydrabed, so I can relate to your friends. Thank you for your time.

elkwc":385tdkxi said:
cfpinz":385tdkxi said:
elkwc":385tdkxi said:

I have several friends with Canninball beds. Two of them had Dew Ezevbeds before and say they will never own anything but a Cannonball. One of them have made side and end boards for his. He uses his all the time.

Neighbor traded off his 2012 Cummins for a new Chevy dually last year.

I asked him what he missed about the Dodge, he replied "the cannonball bed."

Atimm693":fi3pb9cv said:
elkwc":fi3pb9cv said:
cfpinz":fi3pb9cv said:

Neighbor traded off his 2012 Cummins for a new Chevy dually last year.

I asked him what he missed about the Dodge, he replied "the cannonball bed."

I haven't talked to an owner or ex owner that had one negative thing to say about the Cannonball beds. Most said they were the most useful bed they have ever owned.

Latest posts