Professional Photos

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Professional Photos

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:53 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:Speaking of sale photos... anyone ever catch some photoshop errors where they smoothed out the back of bull and it blurred or distorted the fence/background?

Very common......they have a good cow....then they go and try to make her perfect. Very few photos are not touched up in some way.
gotta get my drivers license renewed this month,, wish they could touch up my pic on it,,,alway look like coming off a month long drunk...

Bammy just hire somebody to fill in for you. Works for me. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:02 am

Most professional pictures are taken "on halter", and the halter is taken off thru computer.
1 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:12 am

Jeanne

I think a lot are taken on halter, I don’t think this one was she isn’t halter broke. Alabama I always look old and over weight in my DL photo. Maybe it’s becaude I am old and over weight but dang not near as old and fat as that photo!

Gizmom
2 x
Respect give it to get it!

Black and Good
GURU
GURU

Postby Black and Good » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:22 am

I agree, I have fits trying to get decent pictures. That's why I'm always so impressed when I see a great picture. B&G
1 x
WARNING! These Cattle get in your blood. Hope you have credit or a thick checkbook! LOL

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Nesikep wrote:I make up for my lack of talent by sheer quantity.. I take about 2000 pics a year on average.

I find some animals just naturally pose and others you just can't get a good shot.

ALACOWMAN, I'm always weary of pictures of animals in 10" of straw, can make any leggy animal look deep and long when you cut off half their legs.. Gizmom's photo shows the entire animal and she still looks great.

Nesi I don't like pics or videos in deep straw. It makes me wonder what they are trying to hide. I like to see pics in a bare lot of just 1-2" of straw of wood chips.
2 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:34 am

We have a coyote call that has a remote for it. We set it up quite a distance away. When the animal is in the right position, we turn it on & that helps get them in that "perky" look. We hate taking pictures also. Only do this when we HAVE to have sale pictures. Generally, can get best picture when you are just wondering around looking at them and don't NEED a good picture.
3 x

NonTypicalCPA
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:41 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:We have a coyote call that has a remote for it. We set it up quite a distance away. When the animal is in the right position, we turn it on & that helps get them in that "perky" look. We hate taking pictures also. Only do this when we HAVE to have sale pictures. Generally, can get best picture when you are just wondering around looking at them and don't NEED a good picture.

Now that's thinking outside the box. I now have a new use for my coyote call!
1 x

Black and Good
GURU
GURU

Postby Black and Good » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:22 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:We have a coyote call that has a remote for it. We set it up quite a distance away. When the animal is in the right position, we turn it on & that helps get them in that "perky" look. We hate taking pictures also. Only do this when we HAVE to have sale pictures. Generally, can get best picture when you are just wondering around looking at them and don't NEED a good picture.

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing this! B&G
1 x
WARNING! These Cattle get in your blood. Hope you have credit or a thick checkbook! LOL

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:54 pm

I have always wanted to somehow MOVE something up on the hill. Like have a plastic bag tied to a rope & pull it along the ground. Cattle would really perk up!! But, this coyote call works great, you can make chicken sounds, rabits, etc.
Warning, don't turn on for long periods of time, they just ignore it after few seconds.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 pm

I used a black and white umbrella to open and close out front of them this year. Worked good for 1st two but the ones still to go through could see what was happening and it was like ho hum after that, how boring.

Ken
1 x

Return to “Breeds Board”