Dallas Shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Dallas Shooting

Postby TexasBred » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
greybeard wrote:
I lived in apts 4-5 different times in my life, and stayed in military barracks that were laid out in individual rooms just like apts. I've stayed in hundreds of motels over the decades as well. Not once, no matter how many hours I had put in, or how tired I was, did I ever try to go in the wrong apt.
I guess I must have super powers not to make such an easy mistake...

See, here's the thing that I wonder about. How on earth do you go to the wrong apt and think its yours? I have lived in a few places throughout my life, but never have I ever been mistaken about which door/room/building/house/apt was mine. This is what baffles me. :???:

I can see it happening up there. Some of those subdivisions will have hundreds of houses and they will all be almost identical. Especially after dark. I've often made the comment that I'd never be able to find my house.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 pm

TB a lot of the apartment complex’s look like human chicken coops.
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
bird dog wrote:Understandable Jan, we all have done it, by why the shoot first policy? Did she feel threatened? Sounds like she blasted the dude for no apparent reason even if he was in her house.

If you were in my house for no apparent reason you better have a pocket full of corks.

I probably would have shot first too if I was tired, and I saw a shadowy image coming towards me. Thinking it was my house, and someone might be coming out towards me, I would be afraid they might have a gun. Reaction time.....
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 pm

farmerjan wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
bird dog wrote:Understandable Jan, we all have done it, by why the shoot first policy? Did she feel threatened? Sounds like she blasted the dude for no apparent reason even if he was in her house.

If you were in my house for no apparent reason you better have a pocket full of corks.

I probably would have shot first too if I was tired, and I saw a shadowy image coming towards me. Thinking it was my house, and someone might be coming out towards me, I would be afraid they might have a gun. Reaction time.....

There ya go..Ah feared fer mah life..

& Castle Law only applies to you in your own castle, vehicle or workplace, not someone else's castle that some moron just entered uninvited, without cause or reason.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 pm

greybeard wrote:
farmerjan wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

& Castle Law only applies to you in your own castle, vehicle or workplace, not someone else's castle that some moron just entered uninvited, without cause or reason.

You missed the part of my house.
I will never live in a human chicken coop.
I will be trailer trash with pit bulls chained to cinder blocks first.
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 pm

greybeard wrote:
farmerjan wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

That's just it, she thought she was going into her own home. Not saying it was right, Just trying to see it from a different direction. It was a REACTION on her part, not rational thought; It was wrong, it wasn't her apartment and she will never be the same regardless of what the laws do to her. Just saying it was as much a reaction as someone ducking when they see something flying by their head. Spontaneous reaction. Tall shadowy shape coming towards her from what she thought was her apartment.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 pm

I've had this happen to me a few times, but I was where I belonged and people walked in the door. A month or so ago a couple of black maintance workers were sent to our time share by accident and used a master key to get in. I came down stairs and placed a red dot on the first one's forehead. Second time I was at the Jamieson Inn in town visiting my brother, his wife left the door slightly open when she went for some ice. A black dude just walked right in like it was his room, my brother and I both had him covered before he could say a word. The third time a dope head with transmission fluid in a bag and red stains on his shirt just walked right in while we were watching TV in our house in town. I didn't see the need in killing any of them besides the dope head. Shooting someone because you can isn't always the best policy.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Maybe cops that are (supposedly) punch-drunk-tired and subject to confusion oughtn't be walking around with loaded guns. Is there a field sobriety test for punchy cops?
2 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 am

It was wrong, it wasn't her apartment and she will never be the same regardless of what the laws do to her. Just saying it was as much a reaction as someone ducking when they see something flying by their head. Spontaneous reaction. Tall shadowy shape coming towards her from what she thought was her apartment.

His life, will never be the same again either.

As far the rest of it, that, is just rationalization of poor behavior.

Very similar to what LAPD Chief said about the 8 officers that put around 100 bullet holes in 2 innocent civilian women's pickup truck while they were sitting in it.
'no problem, they just need a little more training and they'll be ok...just a little more training..'
To protect and to serve...
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 am

farmerjan wrote:
greybeard wrote:
farmerjan wrote:

That's just it, she thought she was going into her own home. Not saying it was right, Just trying to see it from a different direction. It was a REACTION on her part, not rational thought; It was wrong, it wasn't her apartment and she will never be the same regardless of what the laws do to her. Just saying it was as much a reaction as someone ducking when they see something flying by their head. Spontaneous reaction. Tall shadowy shape coming towards her from what she thought was her apartment.

supposedly this guy had a red rug in front of his door and he lived an extra flight of stairs up. So there were outside indications that even a tired person darned well ought to notice and say "hey, hang on a second"... Surely the door has an apartment number on it that would be different

How long was her last shift? if it was anything short of 16-24 hours I don't buy "being tired" AT ALL
1 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am

She didn't climb a flight of stairs, she came in from the parking garage and was on that floor instead of hers. And if you are working several days straight on a reduced amount of sleep, I can buy the tired. It doesn't matter, there is no indication it was racially motivated, and no matter what legally is done, it has shattered several lives.
0 x

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm

She shot a man once before (that lived) when the other cops on the call saw no reason to.
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:14 pm

She might be "trigger happy" and that's not good for a cop. She might have poor judgement and that is also not good for a cop. There are alot of cops that shouldn't be cops too; male and female. Maybe she is one that shouldn't be a cop. But there are those on here that have suggested a bullet behind the ear for alot of different things...... and I am a proponent for severe punishment and the death penalty.
I still don't believe this was racially motivated, and a seemingly decent young man lost his life to poor judgement and she will lose her "life" due to that poor judgement.
3 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Someone in my house is gonna have a real serious problem. What do you think I should do hold em at gunpoint until the cops show. I don't think so.

As far as walking through the wrong door. All I can think of is the day I got my first truck with 4 doors. I come out of the gas station and opened the back door and started to get in. There was several people right there and I was still young enough to give a shyt what they thought.....so I just climbed in and sit there like I was waiting on somebody ,until they dispersed.........
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Not that's either here or there, but there was a search warrant ran on the victim's apartment and 10 ounces of weed was confiscated. It has to be listed on the seisure return and when that came out all the activist started blaming the cops for tarnishing the victims good name. Some are to the point of accusing the cops of planting it.

Everyone is asking why the search warrant on his apartment and my first thought is they are wanting to see if there is a link between the two.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Coffee Shop”