Squeezing the Customer

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":h78drey2 said:
JMJ Farms":h78drey2 said:
Slick you may have mentioned it in your other thread but I don't remember. Where is your destination in Georgia?
Maybe up around Dewey Rose?

Dewey Rose is where the farm (Beaver Creek Piedmontese) is. We will grab a motel in Hartwell for the night. Return the same route but stopping at Tadlock Stockyard in Forest, MS to overnight.

JMJ Farms":h78drey2 said:
Northeast of Athens correct? Was hoping it might be a little closer. Guess it will depend on where he comes in as to how close he will be to us. My guess would be he will come in on I20 and hit I85. But I'm only guessing.

Yes. The I20/I85 is what Google recommends as the fastest route. And no, I'm not looking forward to navigating Atlanta.

slick4591":2e6lm589 said:
True Grit Farms":2e6lm589 said:
JMJ Farms":2e6lm589 said:
Slick you may have mentioned it in your other thread but I don't remember. Where is your destination in Georgia?
Maybe up around Dewey Rose?

Dewey Rose is where the farm (Beaver Creek Piedmontese) is. We will grab a motel in Hartwell for the night. Return the same route but stopping at Tadlock Stockyard in Forest, MS to overnight.

JMJ Farms":2e6lm589 said:
Northeast of Athens correct? Was hoping it might be a little closer. Guess it will depend on where he comes in as to how close he will be to us. My guess would be he will come in on I20 and hit I85. But I'm only guessing.

Yes. The I20/I85 is what Google recommends as the fastest route. And no, I'm not looking forward to navigating Atlanta.
Atlanta isn't bad between 2 am and 5 am. We travel through there to NC quite often, but very rarely during daylight hours.

Slick, if you need any type of assistance between Birmingham and Atlanta, hit me up. I'll be glad to help you out.

Thank you very much! Taking two spares for truck and trailer so I hope I'm covered there. If this Duramax holds out I should be set.

Just heard where the governor of Georgia declared a state of emergency for the state. Kinda makes me wonder if getting fuel will be a problem.

slick4591":173xxvu0 said:
Just heard where the governor of Georgia declared a state of emergency for the state. Kinda makes me wonder if getting fuel will be a problem.

Fill up in Birmingham and you should be able to make it back to Birmingham with no trouble. I wouldn't think you would have an issue anyway but one never knows. I'm pretty busy Slick but if you run out call me and I will bring you some fuel. I will PM you my number.

Thanks! I sat there after posting that and figured with a 45 gal auxiliary tank I could get some of that Alabama diesel and get in and out of Georgia pretty easy.

There's a truck stop just about 5 or 6 miles into Ga called Newborns, one of the few independants left, he should be the cheapest on fuel, plus he's a close friend of mine. Ga taxes on fuel are a little cheaper than ours in Alabama.

slick4591":2uff0dgd said:
I would have sure felt better about it had that been discussed up front. Seems the two guys I'm hauling animals back for got the same email. They ain't pleased either.
Always heard a good cow trader won't ever lie to you.. but they won't ever tell you more than what you ask as well. :nod:

jehosofat":25o4yfwe said:
There's a truck stop just about 5 or 6 miles into Ga called Newborns, one of the few independants left, he should be the cheapest on fuel, plus he's a close friend of mine. Ga taxes on fuel are a little cheaper than ours in Alabama.

I'll make note of it. I appreciate the info!

TexasBred":25o4yfwe said:
slick4591":25o4yfwe said:
I would have sure felt better about it had that been discussed up front. Seems the two guys I'm hauling animals back for got the same email. They ain't pleased either.
Always heard a good cow trader won't ever lie to you.. but they won't ever tell you more than what you ask as well. :nod:

I may never be "a good one" then. When I price one it's the full deal. No surprises

slick4591":3qlkhnih said:
jehosofat":3qlkhnih said:

I'll make note of it. I appreciate the info!

TexasBred":3qlkhnih said:
slick4591":3qlkhnih said:

I may never be "a good one" then. When I price one it's the full deal. No surprises
It's better to remember it when you're buying.

slick4591":122v1n4n said:
Naw, won't ruin my day, but she'll know there's not a feather up my butt to be tickled about.

You better play nice Slick. Some of these Ga gals is rough as a brimmer crossed cow! Get em loaded before you speak your peice. Be bad for a Texican to ride all the way to Ga and then back home....empty trailer both ways :lol2: Make her feed you. That'll help you get back closer to even!

JMJ Farms":2yir8xs7 said:
slick4591":2yir8xs7 said:
Naw, won't ruin my day, but she'll know there's not a feather up my butt to be tickled about.

You better play nice Slick. Some of these Ga gals is rough as a brimmer crossed cow! Get em loaded before you speak your peice. Be bad for a Texican to ride all the way to Ga and then back home....empty trailer both ways :lol2: Make her feed you. That'll help you get back closer to even!

:lol: Free breakfast at our motel we're in so all I want is to get loaded and out of there at this point. She's also a lawyer, so I ain't skeered. Although, I will heed the advice of getting the animals locked on the trailer first. :mrgreen:

slick4591":qg0gurtz said:
JMJ Farms":qg0gurtz said:
slick4591":qg0gurtz said:

:lol: Free breakfast at our motel we're in so all I want is to get loaded and out of there at this point. She's also a lawyer, so I ain't skeered. Although, I will heed the advice of getting the animals locked on the trailer first. :mrgreen:

:lol2: Drive safe :tiphat:

Latest posts