Looking for an honest man

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Looking for an honest man

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am

It is a surprise to see our government do their job! ;-)

Manafort will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy against the US and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice due to attempts to tamper with witnesses, according to a court filing Friday.

The prosecution’s star witness, Rick Gates – Manafort’s former business partner who struck a plea deal to cooperate with the government -- testified during the trial that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.

Manafort cheated the United States out of over $15 million in taxes," the filing states, adding that in order to commit the crimes, he relied on help from both his longtime deputy Rick Gates and the Russian Konstantin Kilimnik.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking for an honest man

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am

The terms of the plea agreement are being published. Man, that was no sweetheart deal. Ten year term and assets. This ain't no witch hunt, they are out for big game!
0 x
Diogenes.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 am

15 million is a lot of nickels. Over 4 lifetimes of earnings for most common workers.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 pm

It happens all day, every day, but most of 'em aren't close to Trump. They gonna lay the wood to him because of it.
1 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 pm

maybe they will put him in the cell with al sharpton .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm

M-5 wrote:maybe they will put him in the cell with al sharpton .

Yea, right.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm

jehosofat wrote:
M-5 wrote:maybe they will put him in the cell with al sharpton .

Yea, right.

Are you saying there is a double standard ??? I thought the FEDS went after anyone that evaded paying taxes .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:36 pm

He's not going to prison. His buddy will pardon him, watch and see.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:He's not going to prison. His buddy will pardon him, watch and see.

He would not be pardoned until the end of his term - at least that is the way Presidential pardons have been exercised in the past. Remember, Nixon pardoned some of his conspirators after he resigned, if my recollection is correct.

The main objective is to obtain testimony from Manafort. These guys are good at what they do, pull threads until the entire garment falls apart.
0 x
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:He's not going to prison. His buddy will pardon him, watch and see.

He would not be pardoned until the end of his term - at least that is the way Presidential pardons have been exercised in the past. Remember, Nixon pardoned some of his conspirators after he resigned, if my recollection is correct.

The main objective is to obtain testimony from Manafort. These guys are good at what they do, pull threads until the entire garment falls apart.

Nixon or Ford? When Nixon resigned, shouldn't he have lost powers? Or did he do this the day before. Full disclosure, I have not read up on him like I should have and have a biography on my reading list.

With Trump you never know. He pardoned the Hammonds and Joe Arapio, whatever his name is.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Donnie exercises the power of the pardon at his own discretion.
2 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:49 pm

I wish all the crooked ones would get convicted and do jail time. Although, they might have to build some additional space to house them all.
6 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Nixon or Ford? When Nixon resigned, shouldn't he have lost powers? Or did he do this the day before. Full disclosure, I have not read up on him like I should have and have a biography on my reading list.

With Trump you never know. He pardoned the Hammonds and Joe Arapio, whatever his name is.

Ford pardoned Richard Nixon. I think there were others involved in the Watergate scandal who got pardons.

You are correct on Trump. He might say or do anything.
0 x
Diogenes.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Folks, nothing has changed since the Greek times of Diogenes, a Greek philosopher who criticized the values, corruption and confused state of society. He was the world's most famous cynic. He would walk around Athens with a lantern and when asked what he was doing he would say, "Looking for an honest man".

:banana:
2 x
Diogenes.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I cringe when I think about what has been going on in the FBI and DOJ in recent years. The swamp is large and full of muck and will take a while to drain. But it's happening slowly and the biggest crooks aren't very happy.
5 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”