Looking for an honest man

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking for an honest man

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:08 pm

If you like campaign rhetoric. Fine.

What good is draining a swamp if it is only replaced by a cesspool.

:cry2:
1 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 pm

When you drain a swamp, you cut a hole at the lowest point, all the clear water underneath drains , and you're left with the scum on top. I think what this special counsel has shown us so far , is that there really is a double standard , and that white collar crimes are unlikely to be prosecuted under normal circumstances , so, go make millions , or even billions , then hire the best legal representation .
1 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:34 pm

snoopdog wrote:When you drain a swamp, you cut a hole at the lowest point, all the clear water underneath drains , and you're left with the scum on top. I think what this special counsel has shown us so far , is that there really is a double standard , and that white collar crimes are unlikely to be prosecuted under normal circumstances , so, go make millions , or even billions , then hire the best legal representation .

I contemplated something along those lines today.

Would Manafort have been prosecuted for tax fraud, bank fraud, etc if they were not pursuing the Russian investigation? Let's face it - Manafort should be going to prison. He is simply a piece of the puzzle now in a much bigger action.

White collar crime is rampant in this country. Most of it goes unpursued because of resources, etc. Plus, as you say, they simply employ legal counsel that either gets them off or delays it to the extent they never suffer punishment. This country is nothing more than Zimbabwe on a bigger budget. Lol
Last edited by Bright Raven on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Diogenes.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 pm

How about an honest woman? Honesty don't get you elected.
2 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 pm

ga.prime wrote:How about an honest woman? Honesty don't get you elected.

Yes. And does not seem there is a way to change that. I think for the rest of my life, I am going fishing on election day.
0 x
Diogenes.

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
snoopdog wrote:When you drain a swamp, you cut a hole at the lowest point, all the clear water underneath drains , and you're left with the scum on top. I think what this special counsel has shown us so far , is that there really is a double standard , and that white collar crimes are unlikely to be prosecuted under normal circumstances , so, go make millions , or even billions , then hire the best legal representation .

Would Manafort have been prosecuted for tax fraud, bank fraud, etc if they were not pursuing the Russian investigation? Let's face it - Manafort should be going to prison. He is simply a piece of the puzzle now in a much bigger action.

White collar crime is rampant in this country. Most of it goes unpursued because of resources, etc. Plus, as you say, they simply employ legal counsel that either gets them off or delays it to the extent they never suffer punishment. This country is nothing more than Zimbabwe on a bigger budget. Lol
He absolutely would not have been charged , among others , and there bears the risk, Is the juice worth the squeeze ? Most times it is for crooks of that genre . To get access to all the funds and assets hidden by these sorts is nearly impossible because of their resources .
2 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
ga.prime wrote:How about an honest woman? Honesty don't get you elected.

Yes. And does not seem there is a way to change that. I think for the rest of my life, I am going fishing on election day.

And you will find lots of honest men while fishing. Because it is known fact that fishermen never tell a lie.......
2 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

Would Mantfort have been prosecuted for tax fraud, bank fraud, etc if they were not pursuing the Russian investigation? Let's face it - Manafort should be going to prison. He is simply a piece of the puzzle now in a much bigger action.

White collar crime is rampant in this country. Most of it goes unpursued because of resources, etc. Plus, as you say, they simply employ legal counsel that either gets them off or delays it to the extent they never suffer punishment. This country is nothing more that Zimbabwe on a bigger budget. Lol

Your cuckoo. The biggest crooks go to Washington as middle class and are filthy rich within a year after they leave? Please take a few of your friends fishing with you.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 pm

15 million is pocket change to what the Clinton's and there cronies laundered and still no attempt to hold them accountable.
2 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36 pm

elkwc wrote:15 million is pocket change to what the Clinton's and there cronies laundered and still no attempt to hold them accountable.

I have nothing to add. Just felt this ^^^
should be seen twice.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 pm

elkwc wrote:15 million is pocket change to what the Clinton's and there cronies laundered and still no attempt to hold them accountable.

Cite your sources, please.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

elkwc
GURU
GURU

Postby elkwc » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:30 am

Bestoutwest wrote:

Cite your sources, please.

Just do your research on the Clinton Foundation. That is just one but a lot more money was funneled into it than what we were talking about. There are many sources. I have researched it in the past but don't have the time to do it again this morning.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 am

The biggest crooks go to Washington as middle class and are filthy rich within a year after they leave?

May have been true at one time, but for the most part, they are nowadays, above "middle class" before they get to Washington. The backwoods farmer type ("Mr. Smith goes to Washington") getting elected right to congress straight from bare grass roots is pretty much a thing of the past.

For federal crimes, a president can pardon any time....doesn't have to wait until the end of term. They don't have to wait until a 'verdict' is in or prison sentence starts either & can even issue a pardon peemptively.....at any point during the legal process.

The ? of presidential self pardon is up in the air.........nothing in the constitution or SCOTUS saying it can't be done...........or specifically saying the president has the power to do so, but presidential pardons don't apply to an impeachment proceeding or outcome.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 am

Funny how a political thread can be started by a liberal and go on for pages. I make an observation on another post and get a warning. This place is getting like Washington. One side can do whatever the other has to walk a thin line.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:30 am

M-5 wrote:Funny how a political thread can be started by a liberal and go on for pages. I make an observation on another post and get a warning. This place is getting like Washington. One side can do whatever the other has to walk a thin line.

What was the nature of the observation? Did you make it personal? It is my observation that you tend to include insults in your observations. If you live long enough to learn some discipline, you will be a better man.

;-)
1 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Coffee Shop”