Easy Pasture Profit !

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
User avatar
snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby snoopdog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I easily make 200 a year picking up black walnuts, which usually takes me approximately 72 hrs, "we're in the money"!
3 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7397
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 am

I'll stick with hunters and pine straw harvesters, at least I can tell them to get the heck off my property. A cell tower by the road would sure be nice through.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2026
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby ddd75 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am

the electric guys showed up here the other day and i couldn't even stand that.. wouldn't be able to deal with other people on my property.
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29600
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby TexasBred » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm

TCRanch wrote:
1982vett wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Timely subject matter! Just got back from my morning rounds and discovered 2 gates open and a crew moving in a new rig. After 8" of rain. And a bunch of cows RIGHT THERE. Read them for filth, felt somewhat safe with my .223 in full view, shut the gates, called the pumper, refrained from using any profanities.

"Easy" Pasture Profit is subjective :roll:

Ya know...they can put a gate and lock on a cattleguard......a good many of them around here.

If we knew then what we know now we would have insisted on both in the contract. Cattle guards would now be at our expense but we're considering at least one, maybe 2.

Before you go and spend any of your money at least ask them. I've got worlds of stuff done long after executing a lease just by asking. Most good companies are more than happy to maintain a good relationship with the property owner. Don't go telling them what you'll do though.....they might show you. :nod:
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3105
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby TCRanch » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 pm

TexasBred wrote:
TCRanch wrote:
1982vett wrote:Ya know...they can put a gate and lock on a cattleguard......a good many of them around here.

If we knew then what we know now we would have insisted on both in the contract. Cattle guards would now be at our expense but we're considering at least one, maybe 2.

Before you go and spend any of your money at least ask them. I've got worlds of stuff done long after executing a lease just by asking. Most good companies are more than happy to maintain a good relationship with the property owner. Don't go telling them what you'll do though.....they might show you. :nod:

Yup, worth asking. Especially since we just discovered they moved/used a huge pile of our dirt to re-build the berm. And it was the good stuff!
0 x

User avatar
MtnCows93
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby MtnCows93 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 pm

snoopdog wrote:I easily make 200 a year picking up black walnuts, which usually takes me approximately 72 hrs, "we're in the money"!

thats the truth! but the right walnut logs are a different story
1 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6827
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Guy I helped last winter had 3 windmills on his pastures. He said they paid about $700 a month. His sister has about 30 on her property. She rents him the pasture pretty cheap. She has enough money coming in from the windmills that she isn't interested in running cows anymore.
0 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16819
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Easy Pasture Profit !

Postby greybeard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I'll stick with hunters and pine straw harvesters, at least I can tell them to get the heck off my property. A cell tower by the road would sure be nice through.


Might be too close to help you with your cell signal tho. Parked right beside 1 one time and couldn't even get 1 bar.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!


Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests