Hurricane Michael

Help Support CattleToday:

I pray for everyone that is in the path and that are affected by this hurricane. The fires in recent years have taught me that prayers are the only thing we can do many times.

Looks like M-5 got hit hard, all three of his barns are demolished, all his fences are down, he said they are all OK. House survived, but lost most of shingles.

Have a friend who own(ed) a vacation house in Mexico Beach. He and a friend went down yesterday with chain saws and supplies to help and see if he could see what was left of his property. In his conversation with local law enforcement they told him that if they had any refrigerators or freezers that were salvageable that they needed them. He asked why they would possibly need freezers and refrigerators. They told him they needed them to store bodies in to preserve them until they could be identified. Talk about putting things in perspective! I hadn't been bytching much before that about fences and electricity and whatever but since I heard that I quit bytching period. Very sad. Preventable, but still sad.

jehosofat":249m5egn said:
Looks like M-5 got hit hard, all three of his barns are demolished, all his fences are down, he said they are all OK. House survived, but lost most of shingles.

Got that T-shirt in Rita.
Not a fun ride to take for sure.

We are fine. Gizmom should be fine. The storm was too far east to affect us. Probably only saw 20 mph winds, less than an inch of rain..
We got the t shirt in 2004 with ivan and 2005 with Dennis. Rebuilt the same barn roof twice in 2 years..

Have bulls at the bull test in marianna. Personally worried more about the people over there than a couple of bulls.. prayers to everyone over there..

I guess the national news has forgotten about us because we care for our own and are not trying to sensationalize it like the people of NO did in katrina. I have been blessed with help from 3 members here and had 3 guys from jax show up the day after willing to help and I sent them to some elderly neighbors they worked 4 hours and Hauled AZZ. Other than donations coming into the church for them to hand out we are on an Island. Keep praying for Me and the other able bodied folks in our area we are overwhelmed.

M-5":1al37wzi said:
I guess the national news has forgotten about us because we care for our own and are not trying to sensationalize it like the people of NO did in katrina.

I told a friend the exact same thing yesterday, it's a bunch of bullsheit. No help for those that fund the govt., but loads of help for the freeloaders. Pizzes me off.

jehosofat":2vb6m71p said:
M-5":2vb6m71p said:
I guess the national news has forgotten about us because we care for our own and are not trying to sensationalize it like the people of NO did in katrina.

I told a friend the exact same thing yesterday, it's a bunch of bullsheit. No help for those that fund the govt., but loads of help for the freeloaders. Pizzes me off.
Tropical storm Sandy sure made a lot of crybabies in New Jersey and
New York. South Georgia and north Florida is messed up. Maybe that will keep the Yankees out for awhile.