Updates on Michael?

Help Support CattleToday:

We just have trees down everywhere, no structure damage to the house or barn. We were really fortunate, M5 needs your thoughts and prayers, his stuff is ruined but his family is safe and sound.

True Grit Farms":30qk96kj said:
We just have trees down everywhere, no structure damage to the house or barn. We were really fortunate, M5 needs your thoughts and prayers, his stuff is ruined but his family is safe and sound.

He's got them.
It's horrible to loose stuff as long as the family is safe nothing else is very important.
Y'all be super careful in the cleanup I lost my FIL to Carla cleanup and a cousin to Rita.
Just because the storm has passed the danger hasn't.

Thanks for all the prayers. Got a bunch of fences messed up. No structure damage on any of my farms. House is good. Equipment is good. Lots of trees down. Lots of power lines down. Dash faired a lot worse. Thanks again to all.

skyhightree1":18q0c36f said:
Michael's visiting me now

Us too. Lots of rain. Further south, Nelson county & Bedford County, my siblings have lost trees and had minor flooding.

As for Dash, we're saying prayers for him and everyone else affected by this. I am glad that he and his family are okay, but very sorry to hear that he has had so much damage. :frowns:

Michael came through here but only the fringes. Had rain, some minor flooding of roads but the areas east and south did get a hit. It sure turned cooler, temps down in the low 50's this morning and possible frost on Sat night they are saying..... Hope some of the Fla folks check in and let us know how things are.

farmerjan":25rxdpy1 said:
Michael came through here but only the fringes. Had rain, some minor flooding of roads but the areas east and south did get a hit. It sure turned cooler, temps down in the low 50's this morning and possible frost on Sat night they are saying..... Hope some of the Fla folks check in and let us know how things are.

The morning revealed what occurred during the night. Minor compared to Fla. So far we've repaired/replaced 16 feet of fence and cut up the tree that fell on it. Haven't checked all the rest yet. Lots of branches & limbs laying around. Our kitchen door blew open sometime between 2:30 and 6:00 this morning. (I know it was shut & locked @ 2:30, as I was up with the dog who was rattled by all the noise of the wind).

There's a house being built on property that adjoins ours, there's some Tyvek and insulation in the trees along our creek, a bunch of other plastic & some insulation up against the fence, plastic in the pasture. Apparently one of the walls, actually the side of the house, blew over/out. :roll:

I hop Dash is okay, and continue to pray for those who have suffered tremendous loss.

I haven't surveyed my place yet and farms only immediate places like my back yard where my covered swing and kids trampoline blew on my garage and bent some metal trees down in pig pen. I have been cutting trees off houses roads and everything you can imagine.

skyhightree1":2hg7fjt2 said:
I haven't surveyed my place yet and farms only immediate places like my back yard where my covered swing and kids trampoline blew on my garage and bent some metal trees down in pig pen. I have been cutting trees off houses roads and everything you can imagine.

You have metal trees where you live?
Must be he77 on chainsaws..

greybeard":3j78uaii said:
skyhightree1":3j78uaii said:

You have metal trees where you live?
Must be he77 on chainsaws..

Lol not too bad you just have to use a good chain

Latest posts