Done!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
One of the best feelings in the world is to be finished baling for the year. I don't think I had any that didn't get wet at some point, but I made about 100 more bales than I ever had. Great year to grow hay; terrible year to harvest hay..

sure is an awesome feeling! We were in a d-4 drought all summer, but got some good fall rains. Went from one extreme to another, we mudded every bit of the corn out. Now the ruts are full of water again, so grazing wheat is out.
I'm roughly 500 5x6 bales behind where I would like to be, but our fall grass is a good as I've ever saw it. Hay is getting a little cheaper here finally, so I've been looking for a decent buy. Weird year that's for sure!

I've been done for 2 months.. It was the same story here.. really hard to put it up dry and without rain.. I got lots in the barn and the cows will eat it!

I've got about 200 acres I've been trying to get to for two weeks now. To make matters worse, we may get a freeze tomorrow night. Normally we are dying for rain this time of year, now I can't get it to stop. Where was this rain during the growing season????

Made 1200+ bales this year..
Mostly figuring out how to post pics again..

Yeo, put the grease gun uo about a month ago, I think I may have carpal tunnel. I know, get in the 21st century.

Latest posts