Humans not needed much longer.......

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3509
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:35 pm

greybeard wrote:
JMJFarms wrote: The point I was trying to get across in my previous post is that I have a very hard time trying to find people to work.


What makes it hard?

The trying or the finding?


The finding.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29600
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby TexasBred » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:37 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:“Wetback Mexicans”? Really Hurley?

That’s about as rascist as it gets. Turn in your ACLU card and take that Bernie 2020 sticker off your Prius.


As soon as I put the Bernie sticker on the Prius someone keyed it. Put a Beto sign in the yard someone came in the yard and cut donuts with their vehicle. Guess I will have to join the white supremacist group to stay safe.

Probably wouldn't hurt to try and raise your IQ about 60 points and you wouldn't do such foolish things. The Dixiecrat days are over with.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13466
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby Nesikep » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Here.. a great piece on why humans need a purpose..

Skip to 1 hour 18 minutes for the piece I'm thinking of
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7397
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Drive around town right now and you'll see the problem sitting on the porch. Any person who has a good back and a truck could make good money around here right now. Most just want to wait on the mail man. I'm all for Mexicans and others that are here to work, they just need to be vetted. We have enough criminals that were born in this country, sure don't need anymore.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15470
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Then theres those dang drug test to contend with... :lol2:
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3509
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby JMJ Farms » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Drive around town right now and you'll see the problem sitting on the porch. Any person who has a good back and a truck could make good money around here right now. Most just want to wait on the mail man. I'm all for Mexicans and others that are here to work, they just need to be vetted. We have enough criminals that were born in this country, sure don't need anymore.


Exactly right. And on the opposite end of the spectrum me and my two boys have been cleaning up yards for the past three days, free of charge, for several older folks who can’t do it themselves. They have family that could do it, but they won’t. Because it’s work. But that’s ok too. Bc at least my boys, regardless of how they turn out when they grow up, will know what work is and that you should help people who can’t help themselves.

Used to be that when we had some rough weather, dang near the whole community would be out the next morning with tractors and chainsaws cleaning up the roads and helping neighbors fix houses, barns and whatever else. Not anymore. 99% around here sit at the house and wait on the other 1% to get it done. When a few more of the older folks pass on I don’t know who’s gonna do anything that even looks like work.
2 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby haase » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 am

In the midwest it's the same way, plenty of jobs with good benefits, even offer training, doesn't seem to draw them away from their once a month benefits, maybe they haven't received their alarm clock yet.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 am

JMJ Farms wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Drive around town right now and you'll see the problem sitting on the porch. Any person who has a good back and a truck could make good money around here right now. Most just want to wait on the mail man. I'm all for Mexicans and others that are here to work, they just need to be vetted. We have enough criminals that were born in this country, sure don't need anymore.


Exactly right. And on the opposite end of the spectrum me and my two boys have been cleaning up yards for the past three days, free of charge, for several older folks who can’t do it themselves. They have family that could do it, but they won’t. Because it’s work. But that’s ok too. Bc at least my boys, regardless of how they turn out when they grow up, will know what work is and that you should help people who can’t help themselves.

Used to be that when we had some rough weather, dang near the whole community would be out the next morning with tractors and chainsaws cleaning up the roads and helping neighbors fix houses, barns and whatever else. Not anymore. 99% around here sit at the house and wait on the other 1% to get it done. When a few more of the older folks pass on I don’t know who’s gonna do anything that even looks like work.


Mike

Day after day, these boards echo your sentiments. You and others on these boards complain (Maybe complaining is not the right word) about entitlements, the state of American society with all its deadbeats, lazy citizens, welfare recipients, etc etc. Some even label those of us who avail ourselves of programs like CAIP as welfare maggots. :cboy:

There is veracity in these "complaints". Maybe a certain level of exaggeration. I tend to believe things are never as bad as we all make them out to be.

My question is: other than "complain", what do you expect to gain by repeating these complaints about our Nation? This has been going on since I was a boy. The outcry gets louder every year. No administration has responded with anything other than lip service. This administration will leave it just like it found it. Only with a bigger National Debt. The SOCIAL train is massive. Every citizen is aboard. The entire economy is on board. It has momentum.

I am not criticizing anyone's practice of bringing these facts to our attention. Furthermore, I am a strong advocate that the content of CT NOT be censored or repressed. I am just sitting here on a nasty day and was thinking - I should thank my good friend Mike for giving me something else to be depressed about.

(Pay close attention- the above is filled with sarcasm)

Thank you Mike. :lol:

Seriously, lots of Users are clearly frustrated with Amerca as it is and as it is headed. I hate to add to your frustration, but I don't expect much change if any.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7397
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 am

Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Drive around town right now and you'll see the problem sitting on the porch. Any person who has a good back and a truck could make good money around here right now. Most just want to wait on the mail man. I'm all for Mexicans and others that are here to work, they just need to be vetted. We have enough criminals that were born in this country, sure don't need anymore.


Exactly right. And on the opposite end of the spectrum me and my two boys have been cleaning up yards for the past three days, free of charge, for several older folks who can’t do it themselves. They have family that could do it, but they won’t. Because it’s work. But that’s ok too. Bc at least my boys, regardless of how they turn out when they grow up, will know what work is and that you should help people who can’t help themselves.

Used to be that when we had some rough weather, dang near the whole community would be out the next morning with tractors and chainsaws cleaning up the roads and helping neighbors fix houses, barns and whatever else. Not anymore. 99% around here sit at the house and wait on the other 1% to get it done. When a few more of the older folks pass on I don’t know who’s gonna do anything that even looks like work.


Mike

Day after day, these boards echo your sentiments. You and others on these boards complain (Maybe complaining is not the right word) about entitlements, the state of American society with all its deadbeats, lazy citizens, welfare recipients, etc etc. Some even label those of us who avail ourselves of programs like CAIP as welfare maggots. :cboy:

There is veracity in these "complaints". Maybe a certain level of exaggeration. I tend to believe things are never as bad as we all make them out to be.

My question is: other than "complain", what do you expect to gain by repeating these complaints about our Nation? This has been going on since I was a boy. The outcry gets louder every year. No administration has responded with anything other than lip service. This administration will leave it just like it found it. Only with a bigger National Debt. The SOCIAL train is massive. Every citizen is aboard. The entire economy is on board. It has momentum.

I am not criticizing anyone's practice of bringing these facts to our attention. Furthermore, I am a strong advocate that the content of CT NOT be censored or repressed. I am just sitting here on a nasty day and was thinking - I should thank my good friend Mike for giving me something else to be depressed about.

(Pay close attention- the above is filled with sarcasm)

Thank you Mike. :lol:

Seriously, lots of Users are clearly frustrated with Amerca as it is and as it is headed. I hate to add to your frustration, but I don't expect much change if any.

Tell that to someone who can't see, read or comprehend English. I check CNN daily to see how good things are going in the US. Things are changing slowly for the better, and the more the word is out there the better. IMO We'll know in 22 days how things are going to play out. Hopefully it'll be pedal to the metal on 11/7. Appointments as of Friday, two SCOTUS justices and 82 federal judges. That's a big deal that will take a generation to see the difference. Lots of battles need to be won before victory can be declared, it's an up hill battle.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:46 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Exactly right. And on the opposite end of the spectrum me and my two boys have been cleaning up yards for the past three days, free of charge, for several older folks who can’t do it themselves. They have family that could do it, but they won’t. Because it’s work. But that’s ok too. Bc at least my boys, regardless of how they turn out when they grow up, will know what work is and that you should help people who can’t help themselves.

Used to be that when we had some rough weather, dang near the whole community would be out the next morning with tractors and chainsaws cleaning up the roads and helping neighbors fix houses, barns and whatever else. Not anymore. 99% around here sit at the house and wait on the other 1% to get it done. When a few more of the older folks pass on I don’t know who’s gonna do anything that even looks like work.


Mike

Day after day, these boards echo your sentiments. You and others on these boards complain (Maybe complaining is not the right word) about entitlements, the state of American society with all its deadbeats, lazy citizens, welfare recipients, etc etc. Some even label those of us who avail ourselves of programs like CAIP as welfare maggots. :cboy:

There is veracity in these "complaints". Maybe a certain level of exaggeration. I tend to believe things are never as bad as we all make them out to be.

My question is: other than "complain", what do you expect to gain by repeating these complaints about our Nation? This has been going on since I was a boy. The outcry gets louder every year. No administration has responded with anything other than lip service. This administration will leave it just like it found it. Only with a bigger National Debt. The SOCIAL train is massive. Every citizen is aboard. The entire economy is on board. It has momentum.

I am not criticizing anyone's practice of bringing these facts to our attention. Furthermore, I am a strong advocate that the content of CT NOT be censored or repressed. I am just sitting here on a nasty day and was thinking - I should thank my good friend Mike for giving me something else to be depressed about.

(Pay close attention- the above is filled with sarcasm)

Thank you Mike. :lol:

Seriously, lots of Users are clearly frustrated with Amerca as it is and as it is headed. I hate to add to your frustration, but I don't expect much change if any.

Tell that to someone who can't see, read or comprehend English. I check CNN daily to see how good things are going in the US. Things are changing slowly for the better, and the more the word is out there the better. IMO We'll know in 22 days how things are going to play out. Hopefully it'll be pedal to the metal on 11/7. Appointments as of Friday, two SCOTUS justices and 82 federal judges. That's a big deal that will take a generation to see the difference. Lots of battles need to be won before victory can be declared, it's an up hill battle.



One minute you are preaching gloom and doom!

The next minute, we can almost declare Utopia.

I will say: I like the Utopia better than constantly harping about deadbeats, "cotton pickers", and "porch m........s", etc.

There is hope for you Vince.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3509
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:49 am

Ron,
I guess I don’t expect to gain any thing from complaining. And I don’t see things changing either. I guess, somewhere in my simple mind, that I hope someone somewhere will read something that I typed and a light bulb will come on for them and they might realize that it’s time to get off their butt and do something because it’s the right thing to do. Because giving back and being productive is vital. If no one gives there will soon be nothing to take. But I know that this is only a romantic dream and not reality.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:10 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:Ron,
I guess I don’t expect to gain any thing from complaining. And I don’t see things changing either. I guess, somewhere in my simple mind, that I hope someone somewhere will read something that I typed and a light bulb will come on for them and they might realize that it’s time to get off their butt and do something because it’s the right thing to do. Because giving back and being productive is vital. If no one gives there will soon be nothing to take. But I know that this is only a romantic dream and not reality.


For 40 years, there have been austere committees of some of America's most respected leaders and experts trying to come up with plans to address entitlements. I remember one that was chaired by the great Senator Allen Simpson from Wyoming. That committee came in with a fair and just means of dealing with entitlements which everyone knows is the fly in the ointment. It lasted one year and was abandoned.

It is not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it is reality that entitlements are here to stay.

For those who enjoy reminding us of them on a daily basis, I say, Carry On.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7397
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Entitlement? I'm entitled to everything that I've worked for. The freeloaders and deadbeats shouldn't be entitled to a dang thing. If your able bodied and don't work you need to leave or starve to death. We have plenty of people who want to come here and work. Fact is anyone who wants to work can be successful in the US of A.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7221
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:11 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Entitlement? I'm entitled to everything that I've worked for. The freeloaders and deadbeats shouldn't be entitled to a dang thing. If your able bodied and don't work you need to leave or starve to death. We have plenty of people who want to come here and work. Fact is anyone who wants to work can be successful in the US of A.


No arguments there. Both parties have had opportunities to address entitlement reform. They both are scared to death of it for too many reasons to identify here. BTW: reform will require more than a President. It never ceases to amaze me how many Americans don't understand where power is in the good ole USA. It is in our pockets!!!
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
haase
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: Humans not needed much longer.......

Postby haase » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:47 pm

So were does the power stand in all of your other great countries, obviously it must not be in their pockets, the good old us of a invented that. :deadhorse:
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests