Sav Raindance on a heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
If you used female sexed semen from Sav Raindance, would you consider using him on a heifer?

I'd ask Kelly Schaff.He's a really nice guy and he'll tell you the truth. He's the most knowledgeable person I've ever talked to about cattle. He would have used him heavily in his herd and would know if he's ok on Heifers.

I havnt considered it, used it on a pair of 7229 cows that are 5 and 6 yr olds. I'd like to see where his #s are a year from now, and if someone talks to Kelly Schaff about, please do tell and share with us.

torogmc81":nhajkt80 said:
I havnt considered it, used it on a pair of 7229 cows that are 5 and 6 yr olds. I'd like to see where his #s are a year from now, and if someone talks to Kelly Schaff about, please do tell and share with us.

I talked to Kelly earlier this year on the phone about Raindance and President. He was really impressed by each bull and said that their calves were "the best calves he's ever seen"
I was thinking to myself, wow that was quite the statement with how many great Sires they have used.
He did tell me that the Raindance calves were lighter at birth than the Presidents. But I failed to ask if he used any on heifers.

I talked to him this morning. He recommended rainfall for heifers. He said raindance would probably be ok in fall calving heifers,but didn't act like he overly recommended it.

Looks like Raindance is going to have amazing Growth with moderate birthweight. His calves at Schaffs look awesome.

This is an older thread but I was surprised to see that nobody mentioned his negative marbling score and feet scores close to the bottom of the breed

J+ Cattle

Latest posts