On the bull hunt

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

lithuanian farmer
GURU
GURU

Re: On the bull hunt

Postby lithuanian farmer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:10 pm

frieghttrain wrote:
lithuanian farmer wrote:The sires of AI calves. One bull is sired by the first bull, all other are sired by the second one.
http://www.interlim.com/hamac-rrvs-france-et-export.html
http://www.interlim.com/engy-rrvs-france-et-export.html

Both are good, i'd lean towards the 2nd one as he has a smoother look about him. Have they been tested for the f94L gene?

I doubt, or a least I haven't found anything about that. The only son from the first bull is already reserved. Both bulls seem to have similar calving ease, however, the first one seems to have more flesh, but the second has good milk figures. I personally liked the first one abit more deciding from the looks. Have found some photos of his calves too.
Everything will be decided by the look of the bull calves themselves. We still plan about looking what a couple other breeders has to offer. Trying to find something exceptional, what we would like from the first look.
0 x

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 pm

lithuanian farmer wrote:
frieghttrain wrote:
lithuanian farmer wrote:The sires of AI calves. One bull is sired by the first bull, all other are sired by the second one.
http://www.interlim.com/hamac-rrvs-france-et-export.html
http://www.interlim.com/engy-rrvs-france-et-export.html

Both are good, i'd lean towards the 2nd one as he has a smoother look about him. Have they been tested for the f94L gene?

I doubt, or a least I haven't found anything about that. The only son from the first bull is already reserved. Both bulls seem to have similar calving ease, however, the first one seems to have more flesh, but the second has good milk figures. I personally liked the first one abit more deciding from the looks. Have found some photos of his calves too.
Everything will be decided by the look of the bull calves themselves. We still plan about looking what a couple other breeders has to offer. Trying to find something exceptional, what we would like from the first look.

I hear you. We just got a fullblood bull picked up and he's all bull. Reason i asked about the f94l gene was for ease of calving as the muscling doesn't start developing till after the calf is born.
0 x

lithuanian farmer
GURU
GURU

Postby lithuanian farmer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:05 pm

frieghttrain wrote:I hear you. We just got a fullblood bull picked up and he's all bull. Reason i asked about the f94l gene was for ease of calving as the muscling doesn't start developing till after the calf is born.

Yes, I've done some research of this too. But it hasn't been mentioned for these two bulls.
I knew nothing about our two previous bulls, so it's quite entertaining to finally have more info.
1 x

lithuanian farmer
GURU
GURU

Postby lithuanian farmer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 am

Have visited another farm today. Going to bring home the new bull next weekend. The previous farmer has showed me some photos, but nothing special. The one, which would have been my pick was already taken.
The new bull has just been weaned recently. Couldn't take a photo with him, as all calves were moving around alot.
A couple photos from the visit. Sorry for the quality. It wasn't very bright inside.
Older bulls under two years age. There were a couple good ones, but as we'll keep our new one with our weanlings, it's better to buy a similar age and size calf. Weaning weights average around 800lbs.
Image Image

A group of weanlingss. The calf in the front was another calf I liked the most. Our new one will be quite looking similar to this one. Both have very nice rear and our should have nice wide front too.
Image The dam of our bull.

Image The group of weaned heifers. Actually, going to bring one home too (the one on the left). Will be the first fullblood registered female for us.
Image Very bad photo with the heifer. :oops:

An update with better photos will be when both will be brought home. The bull will cost $1900, heifer around $1100.
Last edited by lithuanian farmer on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:01 pm

I'd say you got a steal with those prices :D Make sure to get some good pictures when you get them home!
1 x

lithuanian farmer
GURU
GURU

Postby lithuanian farmer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 pm

frieghttrain wrote:I'd say you got a steal with those prices :D Make sure to get some good pictures when you get them home!

I think so too. :D At least for bull calf. He would have asked over 2000 for a bigger bull, but I liked when we bought yearling better than buying close to 2year age bull.
Heifer might be sired by the same bull as the bull. I'll make sure to get some good photos when they'll be here, for sure!
1 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm

I assume you are talking Euro Dollars, to clarify for usa members.
$1100 euro = $1250 usa
$1900 euro = $2160
$2000 euro = $2275
1 x

lithuanian farmer
GURU
GURU

Postby lithuanian farmer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I assume you are talking Euro Dollars, to clarify for usa members.
$1100 euro = $1250 usa
$1900 euro = $2160
$2000 euro = $2275

No, I've already converted euros to usa $. :)
1 x

Return to “Breeds Board”