Least Reliable Car/truck in the Industry list.......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Consumer Reports full list of the 10 least reliable cars/trucks of 2018, counting down to the worst:

10. Honda Odyssey

9. Volkswagen Atlas

8. Buick Enclave

7. Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

6. Kia Cadenza

5. Chevrolet Traverse

4. Honda Clarity

3. Cadillac ATS

2. Tesla Model X

1. Ram 3500

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/least-r ... 05383.html

link to original article https://www.consumerreports.org/car-rel ... able-cars/

Silverado 3500 problems
Trouble spots: Engine,major; noises and leaks; in-car electronics.

The HD Silverado and its twin, the GMC Sierra HD, are designed for heavy towing and hauling. And they share reliability ratings. The 6.0-liter V8 and 6.6-liter turbodiesel engine are both mated to a six-speed automatic. The latter works well and employs a heavy-duty Allison-made transmission. A natural-gas version of the 6.0-liter V8 is also available. The LTZ trim has a luxurious cabin. If you don't plan to go off-road, the Z71 suspension is superfluous—it severely degrades ride comfort. These HD pickups are the better choice for commercial snow-plowing duties. Available safety features include forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, and front and rear park assist. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are compatible with the infotainment system.
Price as tested: $62,995

Ram 3500
Trouble spots: Steering/suspension, fuel/emissions system, engine cooling, noises and leaks.
The Ram 3500 mirrors the recent improvements that benefited the Ram 1500 but is much bigger and brawnier. Chrysler's powerful 383-hp, 5.7-liter V8 is the standard engine, but you can opt for the torque-rich 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel. That strong-pulling diesel engine is not available on the Ram 1500. There is also a 6.4-liter V8. The truck lends itself easily to fifth-wheel towing and can be outfitted with a snow-plow preparation kit. The crew cab's rear seat is very roomy, but access to the tall cabin is a chore.
Not tested.

I'm a little weary of these lists.., just like the "JD Power and associates" awards... So you test all the vehicles except the one you rated as the worst?

Makes you wonder if they take into account the amount of vehicles sold. Many of those on that list are vehicles that I see multiples of every day, so naturally there will be more problems.

You can't tell jack **** about how a vehicle is gonna hold up in just a year either IMO. Check back in 5 years when people have really put them through their paces.

They quit making the YUGO in 1992.... but it would get my vote.
Haven't heard a lot of good about Fiat or Jaguar reliability either and I can't imagine the Tata Tiago marketed in India
is much to brag about.

Oh.... and forgot to add Land Rovers as unreliable and very expensive to repair.

Son of Butch":3oljt5yy said:
Haven't heard a lot of good about Fiat or Jaguar reliability either and I can't imagine the Tata Tiago marketed in India
is much to brag about.

Oh.... and forgot to add Land Rovers as unreliable and very expensive to repair.

Whew, you aren't kidding here. One of the gals I work with bought a LR last year. Been to the shop several times and the costs she tells us about are obscene.

bball":26w5b9ky said:
Son of Butch":26w5b9ky said:
is much to brag about.

Whew, you aren't kidding here. One of the gals I work with bought a LR last year. Been to the shop several times and the costs she tells us about are obscene.
I'd never own land rover, especially not a new one.. and an old one would have Land cruiser running gear!...

In Australia we have the Great Wall steed dual cab Ute or pick up. Asbestos in the motor 2- 3 star safety when opposition is 5 star. Heaps of crap.

Stocker Steve":3bhmojro said:
Why does the Chevy HD have so many issues compared to the 1500 version? Is this a power train thing?

I with you thinking Duramax as that is what's in most of the 2500 around here.

Thank goodness my 02 F250 wasn't on the list.

The water pump went out again on our 2013 Ram 3500 4x4 and there is a new updated version available free of charge. But the dealer said they had to do all the updates and fix the recalls? The only recalls that they couldn't fix was the DEF and catalytic converter - exhaust system because it's been deleted. It's the first time the truck has ever been back to the dealer for anything and I have a feeling the truck will be nothing but problems from now on. Been looking for an excuse to buy a new Ford, hopefully this ordeal won't be the cause.

Well crap, it looks like we have the number 7 on the list the Chevrolet 2500 HD. It doesn't have the diesel engine so maybe that will be a difference. Honestly, I don't put a lot of stock in those reports, looks like to me a lot of extenuating factors could come into play in regards to reliability.

Stocker Steve":2nkcev49 said:
Why does the Chevy HD have so many issues compared to the 1500 version? Is this a power train thing?
I was wondering the same thing.
The only engine problems I've heard of was with the 5.3 Ecotec3 motors knocking, and have cam problems.

Electrical problems is what I've read about on the GM boards. Most have to do with bad grounds leading from eng compartment into the cab.

I have a 2011 1500 Silverado and the only repairs it's had were rat induced wiring harness issues. Local dealer had the pigtails and had me fixed up in half an hour or so. I get the annual inspection there and every year the owner wants to sell me a new one. Forget it. I like mine and it's paid for.

greybeard":2008zu3i said:
Electrical problems is what I've read about on the GM boards. Most have to do with bad grounds leading from eng compartment into the cab.

Bout as soon to have mechanical problems as electrical, just saying. One of the main problems with the 6 O when it came out was electrical and it sure got a bad rap.