Roy Clark has died..........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Country star Roy Clark, the guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the cornpone TV show "Hee Haw" for nearly a quarter century and was known for such hits as "Yesterday When I was Young" and "Honeymoon Feeling," has died. He was 85.

I really enjoyed when he was on "Hee Haw". The guy could play any instrument it seemed. RIP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... c4f941f1e5

images

Roy was truly a legend.

I tried to stomach through part of the CMA show last night, and it didn't appeal to me at all. All the greats are leaving us.

One of my favorites of Roy's was "Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone."

herofan":qwaibxhp said:
Roy was truly a legend.

I tried to stomach through part of the CMA show last night, and it didn't appeal to me at all. All the greats are leaving us.

One of my favorites of Roy's was "Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone."

There are plenty of greats in every generation, but you won't find them on the FM dial or awards shows.

Roy Clark was certainly one of the best entertainers of our time, and one heck of a picker. RIP.
Here's one that I watch on a regular basis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUdTcP-fs9g

Farm Fence Solutions":2xzwgum2 said:
There are plenty of greats in every generation, but you won't find them on the FM dial or awards shows. g

True. I miss the days when people like him were part of mainstream entertainment. I guess I'm getting old. That may be the way 50 year old people felt years ago when Roy, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Waylon Jennings were hot. They were probably thinking, "I wish Country Music was still good like when Hank Snow and Lefty Frizzell were big stars". I guess I'm showing my age.

herofan":bz5qv9wx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":bz5qv9wx said:
There are plenty of greats in every generation, but you won't find them on the FM dial or awards shows. g

True. I miss the days when people like him were part of mainstream entertainment. I guess I'm getting old. That may be the way 50 year old people felt years ago when Roy, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Waylon Jennings were hot. They were probably thinking, "I wish Country Music was still good like when Hank Snow and Lefty Frizzell were big stars". I guess I'm showing my age.

Bob Wills . I still think of "country" and "western" as two different things. Always will I suppose.

Back when I was chasing rodeos I met a lot of country music stars. I met Roy at Tulsa in 1973(?). Unlike a lot of the others Roy made the impression on me of being a genuine nice guy.

backhoeboogie":2u0yezzw said:
herofan":2u0yezzw said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2u0yezzw said:

Bob Wills . I still think of "country" and "western" as two different things. Always will I suppose.
those 2 overlap just like the Bakersfield sound is a combination of both...

Latest posts