Another caravan

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
User avatar
Ryder
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5679
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by Ryder » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:And another caravan https://www.google.com/search?q=dodge+c ... TvpBopUhlM

:bs:


Ryder

Deo Vindice

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5762
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by Son of Butch » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 pm

IMO neither democrats or republicans are behind it, it's foreign adversaries seeking to create political turmoil and
meddle in our affairs.
The reason these groups are being mobilized from other countries is only countries sharing a border with USA can be
legally returned immediately, others who enter are detained and go through a legal process, mucking up the system.

These immigrants are just pawns being used by civil liberty lawyers funded by outsiders (foreign governments) or their sympathizers seeking to fan flames and create turmoil within the USA by overwhelming our legal system.
In a country with a population of over 300 million 1 million is nothing (just 0.3%) but 1 million communist sympathizers working within a country's borders combined with foreign powers can make life miserable for everyone involved.

rowdyred
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 am
Location: North Mississippi

Re: Another caravan

Post by rowdyred » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 am

When they show video of the caravan....and they are carrying and/or waving other nations flags....since they want in America, wouldn't it help their cause (just a little) if they would be waving or carrying the American Flag!

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18092
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by greybeard » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 am

rowdyred wrote:When they show video of the caravan....and they are carrying and/or waving other nations flags....since they want in America, wouldn't it help their cause (just a little) if they would be waving or carrying the American Flag!


That is mostly all in the past..those that came here legally and actually appreciate the country for all it's attributes but also accept that it's not perfect.
Nowadays it's seemingly all about 'ethnic culture' and who/what one 'identifies' as.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19545
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by skyhightree1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:33 am

I hope a law is passed where they get no benefits or citizenship to the anchor babies
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
sstterry
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by sstterry » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Whatever happened to the Caravan? Not a peep about it since the election is over...... :cowboy:

User avatar
slick4591
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10225
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by slick4591 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Read this morning that several buses have arrived at the border and they were in a shelter across the river waiting on everyone else.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by Stocker Steve » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Things are bad in Central America. I don't blame people for heading north. If you can not pay a smuggler - - then you have to walk. If you don't want to be raped and robbed by a gang of Mexicans - - then you join a caravan. Either way, the current "catch and release" system is what you are counting on at the border.
Trump made a caravan a big election issue, but this goes on 365. Congress is incompetent.
Stocker Steve

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by snoopdog » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:Things are bad in Central America. I don't blame people for heading north. If you can not pay a smuggler - - then you have to walk. If you don't want to be raped and robbed by a gang of Mexicans - - then you join a caravan. Either way, the current "catch and release" system is what you are counting on at the border.
Trump made a caravan a big election issue, but this goes on 365. Congress is incompetent.
You are correct, we are relatively safe in our day to day comings and goings, but a lot of these people are not. It's hard for us to comprehend having to pay a fee, [extortion], to work here or live there, but if it isn't paid, people die. It's gangland down there, and you can't really fault someone not wanting to live like that. Impediments to the asylum process is not humanitarian, we have rules and laws, but arbitrairly changing them is childish and petty. To disinclude anyone from this country on the basis of religion or race, is wrong, that is NOT America. We have a responsibility, not for support, but to support. My opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18092
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by greybeard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm

snoopdog wrote:
Stocker Steve wrote:Things are bad in Central America. I don't blame people for heading north. If you can not pay a smuggler - - then you have to walk. If you don't want to be raped and robbed by a gang of Mexicans - - then you join a caravan. Either way, the current "catch and release" system is what you are counting on at the border.
Trump made a caravan a big election issue, but this goes on 365. Congress is incompetent.
You are correct, we are relatively safe in our day to day comings and goings, but a lot of these people are not. It's hard for us to comprehend having to pay a fee, [extortion], to work here or live there, but if it isn't paid, people die. It's gangland down there, and you can't really fault someone not wanting to live like that. Impediments to the asylum process is not humanitarian, we have rules and laws, but arbitrairly changing them is childish and petty. To disinclude anyone from this country on the basis of religion or race, is wrong, that is NOT America. We have a responsibility, not for support, but to support. My opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

I don't.
I expect the residents themselves to fix it...not run away from it and hope some future generation fixes it.
Freedom is not free.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 23687
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 pm

greybeard wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
Stocker Steve wrote:Things are bad in Central America. I don't blame people for heading north. If you can not pay a smuggler - - then you have to walk. If you don't want to be raped and robbed by a gang of Mexicans - - then you join a caravan. Either way, the current "catch and release" system is what you are counting on at the border.
Trump made a caravan a big election issue, but this goes on 365. Congress is incompetent.
You are correct, we are relatively safe in our day to day comings and goings, but a lot of these people are not. It's hard for us to comprehend having to pay a fee, [extortion], to work here or live there, but if it isn't paid, people die. It's gangland down there, and you can't really fault someone not wanting to live like that. Impediments to the asylum process is not humanitarian, we have rules and laws, but arbitrairly changing them is childish and petty. To disinclude anyone from this country on the basis of religion or race, is wrong, that is NOT America. We have a responsibility, not for support, but to support. My opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

I don't.
I expect the residents themselves to fix it...not run away from it and hope some future generation fixes it.
Freedom is not free.



To compound the problem they don’t want to assimilate. They want it to look like where they are fleeing. They are burning the American flag while waving the one of their home country. And they want to be Americans? I don’t think so, just the milk and honey versus fixing their problem.
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

Mod2
-
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:32 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by Mod2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 am

Post removed for inappropriate content.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8744
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by True Grit Farms » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 am

I think the south American countries are hoping we'll send aid to make things better so the illegals won't come here. It worked for Mexico at the expense of US Jobs.
Just build the dang wall and don't let anyone in the US of A that hasn't been properly vetted. You need a secure border before you can have a secure country.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18092
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by greybeard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:35 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I think the south American countries are hoping we'll send aid to make things better so the illegals won't come here. It worked for Mexico at the expense of US Jobs.
Just build the dang wall and don't let anyone in the US of A that hasn't been properly vetted. You need a secure border before you can have a secure country.

agree
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

User avatar
ga.prime
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5118
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am
Location: So. Cent. Ga.
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Another caravan

Post by ga.prime » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:And another caravan https://www.google.com/search?q=dodge+c ... TvpBopUhlM

We used to have a Town and Country. That was a nice ride.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Post Reply