Man killed in home during gun confiscation

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Man killed in home during gun confiscation

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:20 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:You should start a movement.

I support Red Flag Laws. I think it is a necessary "evil" if that is how you want to think about it to get guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

First, The use of lethal force against authoritized law enforcement officers serving a warrant is illegal. Second, the removal of firearms is TEMPORARY until the courts determine if the threat to yourself or others is real. Third, the petitioner has to meet standards acceptable to the court in order to accept the petition. Any false statements are subject to the threat of perjury. Fourth, A determination has to be made by a professional mental expert as to the threat of the subject. The final course of action is not based on the petitioner. Last, what did this guy accomplish? His death did not serve any purpose. It is still very bizarre to me that someone would resist (die) under these circumstances.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:23 pm

So that's a "no", fine, next!
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:26 pm

The flip side to this is what we do in Texas. Basically, everything is the same, only after the affidavit and the judge issues the seizure order it's for the person, not the weapons. Instead of the person showing up for a court proceeding they are placed into custody, held in a mental facility until they see a shrink, then they get their hearing. A judge decides whether they go home or can be held for an additional period of time with a hearing held every (used to be) 10 days. Both situations suck, but I not heard of any big stink made of taking that person into custody. I don't think there's a perfect way to accomplish the objective here.
2 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
What is bizarre to me is engaging duly authorized law enforcement personnel who are conducting the authorized service of a warrant.

There is no purpose served. There is no "national cause" that was served in this man's death. There was no organization that picked up where his death ended to further his cause. It did not start any movement other than this discussion. Maybe I didn't hear about it but Is he being hailed as a hero of some "movement" against Red Flag Laws?

I can fully understand your inability to understand it.
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Hook2.0
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Hook2.0 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

I had a neighbor that hated me. Called the sherrif on me for fixing the private road we live on. He filed a restraining order on me, and attached a picture from Facebook which i was tagged in that showed a bunch of guns on the shooting bench. Sherrif showed up, took a 22 and a shotgun in the front cabinet.
Since the argument at the time was about his crackhead girlfriend trying to run my wife off the road, I filed a restraining order against both of them, and they got all their guns taken away. Next thing imhear is he’s whining about trying to find a 2nd amendment Lawyer because his guns were taken. Lol
Once in court, I showed him to be the fool he was, and got my rifle and shot gun back
1 x
Proud to be a multiplier

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm

greybeard wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
What is bizarre to me is engaging duly authorized law enforcement personnel who are conducting the authorized service of a warrant.

There is no purpose served. There is no "national cause" that was served in this man's death. There was no organization that picked up where his death ended to further his cause. It did not start any movement other than this discussion. Maybe I didn't hear about it but Is he being hailed as a hero of some "movement" against Red Flag Laws?

I can fully understand your inability to understand it.

I hope so. I made it very clear so you could digest it.
1 x
Diogenes.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 pm

I fully understood it long before you ever said it to begin with.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 pm

greybeard wrote:I fully understood it long before you ever said it to begin with.

I know how you get side tracked going down rabbit holes, it requires being as clear as possible when addressing you.
0 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Coffee Shop”