Angus guys

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
76 Bar
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Angus guys

Post by 76 Bar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:19 am

Now here's the rest of the story. Every one of those calves have a little or a lot of the bull I gave the link to. Horse Butte 6141. My cows are all either Shoshone or Wye genetics. They average 1,100 lbs. The last 8-10 years, I've bought bulls and never looked at a paper on them. Never knew any of their EPD's. I never cared about either their papers or their EPD's because they were from a predictable, closed gene pool. Years of line breeding helped stabilize the traits that are financially important to me. Fertility, disposition, high quality milk. (sniped for brevity)
:roll: While assuredly not lost on me, your point got lost in the commotion promotion more is better grasping at straws (pun intended) scramble. ;-)

76 Bar
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by 76 Bar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:23 am

hornedfrogbbq
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by hornedfrogbbq » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Till-Hill wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:40 pm
torogmc81 wrote:Out of SOB list, i'd choose Sure Fire because he definitely covers the marketable side for "SURE", and obviously checks all your boxes too.
I'm not sure I will use any GAR bulls. Most of them are not very fun to look at. Besides growth that's the test most bulls have to pass to get sold is they got to catch a guys eye.

Treasure seems to have some frame which is a good thing. I got a pair of 2 year old ET brothers to the Angus heifers. They are plenty moderate sized. I don't want anything under 5.5 frame either.

Elation or Hickok going to add any frame?
Hickok will not add frame. Very moderate size. We have several hundred calves out of him and he stamps them the way we like to look at them.