NFL playoffs set

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Kingfisher
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5057
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Austin Texas

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby Kingfisher » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

KC going to hammer the Colts
Cowboys
New England
Philly cuz I’m sick of hearing how good the Saints are ;)
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:41 pm

WOW the Patriots sure have it in gear today... 35-7 going into halftime.
I guess defending against Brady & Company is more difficult than rookie qb LaMar Jackson last week. :)
0 x

User avatar
haase
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby haase » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Going from 0 and 4 last week to probably 3 and 0 after the Patriots game, just need the saints to win to be the goat this week, TT, I tried to help you out this week and picked the Rams, sorry buddy.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12066
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:37 pm

haase wrote:Going from 0 and 4 last week to probably 3 and 0 after the Patriots game, just need the saints to win to be the goat this week, TT, I tried to help you out this week and picked the Rams, sorry buddy.


You definetly turned it around.

At this point I just want to watch a competitive game.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
haase
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby haase » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Same here, looks like that bye week definitely helped out, Patriots in the playoffs, hard to bet against them, I think were going to have to wait until next weekend to see some good ones, could be wrong, but I think the real saints will show up.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12066
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:59 pm

haase wrote:Same here, looks like that bye week definitely helped out, Patriots in the playoffs, hard to bet against them, I think were going to have to wait until next weekend to see some good ones, could be wrong, but I think the real saints will show up.


Probably so.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Well da Bears blew it.

Goose Island Brewery in Chicago announced they are erecting goal posts in the street and anyone who comes in this
Saturday between 10 am - 4 pm and makes a 43 yard field goal wins free beer for a year.


It'll be interesting to see how many can actually make one.

0 for 100 and several more misses after the contest was over.

City made them change the rules, violation of prohibition laws still on the books illegal to give away alcohol as a prize.
Prize changed to free trip for 2 to NFL regular season game of winners choice, limited to 100 contestants.
Company spokesman said they were prepared for up to 10 winners.

Had all sorts turn out, from former soccer players and former high school kickers to clueless pot bellied old men.
A couple dozen couldn't even get the ball high enough to clear the fence that was set up to simulate a defensive line.
Several accurate kicks, but too short and a couple had the distance, but so far wide that missing was never in doubt..
Last edited by Son of Butch on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12066
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:Goose Island Brewery in Chicago announced they are erecting goal posts in the street and anyone who comes in this
Saturday between 10 am - 4 pm and makes a 43 yard field goal wins free beer for a year.


It'll be interesting to see how many can actually make one.

0 for 100 and several more misses after the contest was over.

City made them change the rules, violation of prohibition laws still on the books illegal to give away alcohol as a prize.
Prize changed to free trip for 2 to NFL regular season game of winners choice, limited to 100 contestants.
Company spokesman said they were prepared for up to 10 winners.

Had all sorts turn out, from former soccer players and former high school kickers to clueless pot bellied old men.
A couple dozen couldn't even get the ball over the fence that was set up to simulate a defensive line.
Several accurate, but too short kicks and a couple had the distance, but so far wide that missing was never in doubt..


I’m not surprised.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:24 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
haase wrote:Going from 0 and 4 last week to probably 3 and 0 after the Patriots game, just need the saints to win to be the goat this week, TT, I tried to help you out this week and picked the Rams, sorry buddy.


You definitely turned it around.

At this point I just want to watch a competitive game.

Ain't that the truth.
Ya might have to wait till next week's rematch New England at KC, the Patriots won the regular season game 43-40
in New England, but next week it's in Kansas City.
0 x

User avatar
haase
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby haase » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:56 pm

So far a good game, going to make my first pick for next week, I'll take the chiefs, didn't realize mahomes was from Tyler, and played high school football for White house, when I played at Brownsboro, white house was our rival, just missed playing against him by a few years, lol.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12066
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

I’m picking the Chiefs and Saints but won’t be at all surprised if it goes the other way.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
haase
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1058
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am
Location: Northern Illinois

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby haase » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 pm

I'll take the rams and chiefs.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12066
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm

haase wrote:I'll take the rams and chiefs.


Suits me. Anybody other than New England.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17493
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: NFL playoffs set

Postby greybeard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Saints to win.
Pats to win... tho I really like Mahomes. My older cousin was down here visiting a few days ago...she and her parents have lived in Whitehouse...forever, so she is definitely pulling for him. If right, she'll be a bit richer and I'll be a bit poorer..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!


Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests