Texas versus Georgia

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Texas versus Georgia

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:09 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
greybeard wrote:Evidently, you were asleep during the Sugar Bowl....

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.

Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.

Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.
m
Overall results are slightly better. But take the UGA-Alabama game for instance. They walked all over Alabama for 2.5 quarters. And then they QUIT, completely QUIT doing everything that had been working. Inexcusable. I don’t understand the rationale behind the play calling in the latter part of that game.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Postby houstoncutter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 am

TexasBred wrote:
houstoncutter wrote:Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:11 pm

houstoncutter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
houstoncutter wrote:Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land

Hate to hear that. Hope life is being good to you. :nod:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”