Texas versus Georgia

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Texas versus Georgia

Post by True Grit Farms » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
greybeard wrote:Evidently, you were asleep during the Sugar Bowl....

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.

Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.

If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:
They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.

Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.
m
Overall results are slightly better. But take the UGA-Alabama game for instance. They walked all over Alabama for 2.5 quarters. And then they QUIT, completely QUIT doing everything that had been working. Inexcusable. I don’t understand the rationale behind the play calling in the latter part of that game.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

houstoncutter
GURU
GURU

Post by houstoncutter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:51 am

TexasBred wrote:
houstoncutter wrote:Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm

houstoncutter wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
houstoncutter wrote:Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!

Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land

Hate to hear that. Hope life is being good to you. :nod:
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????