Sympathy towards Fed workers......

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: Sympathy towards Fed workers......

Post by Bestoutwest » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm

I feel bad for the folks. Yes, it's their fault that they can't save, however, it's not their fault their jobs were put on hold. It's not a good situation, and one area where employee retention could be improved.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 pm

however, it's not their fault their jobs were put on hold.

It happens in the private sector every single day......and most times, not their fault either.
Downsize, RIF, M&A, jobs sent overseas.......it happens....every day.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Post by Bestoutwest » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

greybeard wrote:
however, it's not their fault their jobs were put on hold.

It happens in the private sector every single day......and most times, not their fault either.
Downsize, RIF, M&A, jobs sent overseas.......it happens....every day.

Sure does, and I sympathize with those folks, too. My neighbor works for an internationally known company. They come in routinely on a Monday and are given a box, and a pat on the back. It's really destructive. We all have to remember not everyone is as intelligent as we are. Educated in the same way. Had the same examples set forth for us at home. Have any common sense. Etc.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Hook2.0 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:43 pm

All I can say about this, is welcome to the life of anyone that’s self employed. You have to plan for the downtimes, save during the good times, and think ahead
Last edited by Hook2.0 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a multiplier

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't missed or went without anything since the government shut down. I say keep the shut down permanent and put everyone's wages and retirement towards building the wall. Then there will be plenty of jobs available for those who want to work.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:32 pm

What is to feel sorry for? These people are getting time off with pay. Sure they have to wait for the check but it will come and they will have done nothing to earn it. I worked in the woods for years where people were fired at the drop of a hat. I saw an entire riggin crew fired one afternoon because they weren't getting enough wood out. No looking to see what or who was the hold up, just 7 men down the road. I worked for a cutting contractor who had 12 fallers working for him. Every Friday he fired the slowest guy on the crew. Come Monday there would be a new guy to take his place. Probably 80% of the time that new guy was the one sent packing on the next Friday. These government employees have job security, great benefits, regular raises, and we are supposed to feel sympathy when we are the ones paying them to stay home?

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Dave wrote:What is to feel sorry for? These people are getting time off with pay. Sure they have to wait for the check but it will come and they will have done nothing to earn it. I worked in the woods for years where people were fired at the drop of a hat. I saw an entire riggin crew fired one afternoon because they weren't getting enough wood out. No looking to see what or who was the hold up, just 7 men down the road. I worked for a cutting contractor who had 12 fallers working for him. Every Friday he fired the slowest guy on the crew. Come Monday there would be a new guy to take his place. Probably 80% of the time that new guy was the one sent packing on the next Friday. These government employees have job security, great benefits, regular raises, and we are supposed to feel sympathy when we are the ones paying them to stay home?

Really no different than if they had been at work.
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Post by sim.-ang.king » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

The tax payers will be the one's suffering once they get paid. Almost a month of back pay. Yikes!
“Almost persuaded,” harvest is past!
“Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last;
“Almost” cannot avail;
“Almost” is but to fail!
Sad, sad that bitter wail—
“Almost—but lost!”

Lucky
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Lucky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm

I think more families than anyone knows still live paycheck to paycheck or worse. I’m gonna say most of the people not getting paid will live on credit cards until this is over. Problem is 75% will blow the back pay on vacations or big screen TVs instead of paying the cards off. Oh well everyones gotta live their life I guess.

Beefeater
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Beefeater » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't missed or went without anything since the government shut down. I say keep the shut down permanent and put everyone's wages and retirement towards building the wall. Then there will be plenty of jobs available for those who want to work.

I support building the wall. However, I can’t think of a single job any illegal aliens have ever held that I would want or could support my family on. And if all those jobs go to Americans what do you think will happen to the cost of goods or services produced?

By retirement you also mean Social Security right? donating yours for the wall? Just curious. Taking a break from my home remodeling project and stirring the pot a bit... Don’t take me too serious. It just
Makes me smile a bit to think some believe our problems will be magically solved by a wall.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Beefeater wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't missed or went without anything since the government shut down. I say keep the shut down permanent and put everyone's wages and retirement towards building the wall. Then there will be plenty of jobs available for those who want to work.

I support building the wall. However, I can’t think of a single job any illegal aliens have ever held that I would want or could support my family on. And if all those jobs go to Americans what do you think will happen to the cost of goods or services produced?

By retirement you also mean Social Security right? donating yours for the wall? Just curious. Taking a break from my home remodeling project and stirring the pot a bit... Don’t take me too serious. It just
Makes me smile a bit to think some believe our problems will be magically solved by a wall.

It definitely ain’t a home run. That’s for sure. But base hits win ball games :tiphat:
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Post by skyhightree1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Beefeater wrote:

It definitely ain’t a home run. That’s for sure. But base hits win ball games :tiphat:

Look at other walls they work great till there tunneled under or gone over.. we need something in place but not sure a wall is the solution. I say stop funding anchor babies and immigrants no interest free loans etc when they come they are required to learn English before coming in. If they want to send money back home put a fee on it so high they won't want to come. Kinda like trick or treating kids don't go to houses with the lights off they go to the ones with lights giving things away.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:The tax payers will be the one's suffering once they get paid. Almost a month of back pay. Yikes!

Shows we don’t need them in the first place IMO.
When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Beefeater wrote:

Look at other walls they work great till there tunneled under or gone over.. we need something in place but not sure a wall is the solution. I say stop funding anchor babies and immigrants no interest free loans etc when they come they are required to learn English before coming in. If they want to send money back home put a fee on it so high they won't want to come. Kinda like trick or treating kids don't go to houses with the lights off they go to the ones with lights giving things away.

That’s my philosophy on how to build the wall. With their money. Easy as taking candy from a baby. And then after the wall is built, keep taxing it and apply it to the principal of the national debt. Foolproof and win win

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Post by sim.-ang.king » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:43 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

That’s my philosophy on how to build the wall. With their money. Easy as taking candy from a baby. And then after the wall is built, keep taxing it and apply it to the principal of the national debt. Foolproof and win win

A 1% tariff on imported goods from Mexico in 5 years would pay for a wall even Hillary would be proud of (If this was 2006).

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico
“Almost persuaded,” harvest is past!
“Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last;
“Almost” cannot avail;
“Almost” is but to fail!
Sad, sad that bitter wail—
“Almost—but lost!”