Ramp traction

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
My skid steer with it's steel tracks on does not like trailer ramps. I bought 8 foot ramps for the dump trailer. If you raise it about 20 " it will usually load ok.
The ramps are extremely heavy. I don't want to bolt wood to them.
Just bought new 35 foot float with the wide ramps. 5' dove with 5 ramps. It hates them, if I can't find a ditch or a terrace to even things out I have to use the winch on the truck to help it on. When paint gets worn off it'll probably be better idk.There's rubber matting I guess.
Any ingenious ideas on this problem??

You can weld on strips of rebar. Had to do that to our excavator trailer, we were having the same problem.

Himac Aluminium Loading Ramps are tested and certified for easy loading and unloading of earthmoving machinery onto your trailer or truck.

https://www.himac.com.au/products/skid- ... ding-ramps

pAVnwkb.jpg

Wood on both the dovetail and the ramp is going to prevent the Rams from closing. Plus the it's a constant maintenance issue. I sure don't think aluminum ramps are going to hold up to steel tracks. We also haul a track loader at times.
We mocked up highgrits idea about a hour ago. As long as we space the bars where they don't land on each other. The ramps will close. We're going to try it. I think it will work on the dump trailer ramps as well.

Thank you.

callmefence":2b7o3ck8 said:
Wood on both the dovetail and the ramp is going to prevent the Rams from closing. Plus the it's a constant maintenance issue. I sure don't think aluminum ramps are going to hold up to steel tracks. We also haul a track loader at times.
We mocked up highgrits idea about a hour ago. As long as we space the bars where they don't land on each other. The ramps will close. We're going to try it. I think it will work on the dump trailer ramps as well.

Thank you.

Edit. This trailer is the worst of the other three. While the wide ramps are nice. I think the center piece of steel. Runs up the center of each ramp keeps the track from getting a bite on the angle iron

callmefence":jacx8k9i said:
callmefence":jacx8k9i said:

Thank you.

Edit. This trailer is the worst of the other three. While the wide ramps are nice. I think the center piece of steel. Runs up the center of each ramp keeps the track from getting a bite on the angle iron

It makes no sense to me why all the trailer manufacturers have the angle turned up. If they'd turn the angle ridge down it would have twice the surface to grab on to.

Latest posts