Genex Sires

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience on these bulls? The good, the bad, the ugly. How are their calves, growth, temperament, that kind of stuff. They're in order of how I like them, first to 5th.
Whitlock
KG Solution
SAV Ten Speed
Connealy Irish
SAV West River

Thumbs up on Whitlock from me. His DOC is for real. Growth is late. Great outcross, maternal pedigree.

WIsh I could use more of him but need more cows

I have a few Irish cows. Only 3 I believe, so very small sample. They are a little bigger framed than some of my other cows. Disposition is good, fleshing ability is about average to average plus I would say, fertility is good, udder quality has been excellent. I bought these as heifers several years back, so I don't know much about their dams. One had me a nice century 5739 bull yesterday.
I've said this a million times on here, but I've had great luck with right answer, and Chisum 6175.

Bestoutwest":i6za9588 said:
Anyone have any experience on these bulls? The good, the bad, the ugly. How are their calves, growth, temperament, that kind of stuff. They're in order of how I like them, first to 5th.
Whitlock
KG Solution
SAV Ten Speed
Connealy Irish
SAV West River

We used SAV Ten speed. Didn't really care for them. Only sire from SAV that we didn't really like. We do have a nice Ten Speed x Charlo cross but I think I'd give the credit to the Charlo mother. She didn't breed up as quick as a Second calf heifer though. She is the only Ten Speed cow we have left. Many got sick as calves and died, we just had another 2016 model year die this fall out of the blue carrying an Embryo. We didn't have a really big group of them so maybe it was just a fluke. Who knows

Bestoutwest":yu2vhllo said:
Whitlock
KG Solution
SAV Ten Speed
Connealy Irish
SAV West River
It's a very small sample size -- 2 cows several years ago -- but I wasn't impressed with either calf I got out of Connealy Irish. One was a steer and one was a heifer. If I remember correctly based on some notes, they were lean and lanky. A little extra frame but not any extra muscle to go with it. I think they had good dispositions.

First and second post must have been deleted. The big cow with single white tag is an Irish.
The others are Chisum 6175's. They are lacking in the rear department.
Pick them apart, you won't hurt my feelings.
I couldn't get the pictures to show off their true length.

I like those cows a lot, especially the Irish one.

SOB, Gizmom, you guys have anything to add? I know Gizmom, you guys do a lot of AI'ing.